Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we've been through this before.

if it is cheaper there, go there!

ME: Hey there, what can I do for you?
    SC: Well I have a little situation. I'm sure you know your prices online are much different than your instore ones.
    ME: *sigh* Yessir...
    SC: *stares at me*
    ME: *stares back*
    SC: *stares*
    ME: .... is there somethign you want me to...do?
    SC: Well, I have an item here that I want to pay for and pick up right now, but it's 50$ different from your online price.
    ME: I'm sorry sir but we don't match our online prices.
    SC: Why not?
    ME: Think of it like a "pay for convience" thing.
    SC: But I want it right now. I don't want to wait for it to come.
    ME: I'm sorrry sir but I can't match a 50$ price difference.
    SC: Why not? I'm offering to buy it right now, from you guys! I could go home and get it online, but then coporate gets the money, or I could buy it from you and give you a sale!
    ME: Sir, coporate get's the money anyway. We're not a franchise, and more importantly if we gave you it for that much cheaper it would reflect poorly on us, not just "give us a sale".
    SC: I think you should match it.
    ME: *sigh* let me get my supervisor....
    SC: Your WAL-MART you do EVERYTHING

BTW, he DID not get it for the 50$ off, and while he was waiting for my sup's call from management he was bragging to his wife about how he convinced us .

And on a small note, if I get one more person telling me how evil Wal-Mart is, or how much the hate wal-mart or scoffing because "what did you expect, this is wal-mart?" while I'm at work, I'm going to kill someone. I don't care what you think, it's not my favourite place in the world, I don't work here because I love it, I work here because it pays the best in the area. More importantly that is incredibly rude to do while I'm at work, and it's personally insulting because I do do whatever I can for people, and I haven't found a policy (at my level, like on returns) that I don't agree with. In fact we do too much sometimes. So leave me the hell alone while I'm at work.

Today we told a guy we couldn't do a rain check on something and as he was walking away he looked at me saying "kroger's prices are cheaper you know, it was in the paper" and giving me an expectant look. I DON'T CARE! I really, truely do not care. Come january I'm out of here, and more importantly we don't have a kroger or a king soopers around here. So what's your point?

o.o /end rant.
    "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

Quoth Enigma View Post
    ME: Think of it like a "pay for convience" thing.
    SC: But I want it right now. I don't want to wait for it to come.
    And this is where reality and the SC diverge, never to meet again.

Comment

couldnt the guy just buy it online, then chose in-store pickup????

Comment

Did you explain to him that when you calculate shipping, he's paid the same amount online as he would've instore?

I know at OfficeMax, we price match our online prices. I'm assuming your lack of price matching is corporate controlled? (I ask because I've always wanted to know without coming off as cheap. Let's think of the irony there).

Comment

Quoth saranykm View Post
          couldnt the guy just buy it online, then chose in-store pickup????
          Because that would have required thought.

I still won't do that though, with Walmart anyways. The store drives me nuts. I am extremely susceptible to the Walmart effect. Fortunately there are plenty of alternatives here in town.
          I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
          -The Amazing E
          Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Quoth Enigma View Post
            And on a small note, if I get one more person telling me how evil Wal-Mart is, or how much the hate wal-mart or scoffing because "what did you expect, this is wal-mart?"
            Amen to that.

I get that quite a bit too because I work in a pawn shop....

"Everything in here is stolen" (It is not. We have a lot of brand new merchandise as well. The items are not "hot," everything is kept in police hold for at least 30 days).

"Everything in here is overpriced" (It is not. We compare our prices with the internet and then just a tad bit higher so we have haggling room. Plus, people are looking at our well-known brand name merchandise and comparing it with generic merchandise at large box stores).

"Everything in here is crap" (Usually, this is said by people who hardly look at anything. Yes, there are some really old merchandise sitting on the shelves, but, like I said, there's a lot of new stuff too. Some people even manage to find great deals on some really cool things).
            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth Enigma View Post

BTW, he DID not get it for the 50$ off, and while he was waiting for my sup's call from management he was bragging to his wife about how he convinced us .

What a jackass!

Comment

Ummmm..... (for WalMart at least) I can tell you that even if he ordered it online for in store pick up (what they call Site to Store) He would have had to wait for the shipping still. They do not take from the store's inventory, and the free Site to Store shipping takes a horribly long time. You might even face a 15+ minute wait at the store for an associate to even show up to help you. My wife and I ordered something online with site to store and it took 10 days to get it to the store, and they had the same thing on the shelf.

In other words pay the extra for instant gratification, or suck it up and wait.....

How else does that guy think they pay for the diesel to run the delivery trucks (which there seem to be millions of - I live 20 miles away from a distribution center that does groceries, but wants to expand....)

Comment

Quoth When I'm Gone View Post
                  Did you explain to him that when you calculate shipping, he's paid the same amount online as he would've instore?

I know at OfficeMax, we price match our online prices. I'm assuming your lack of price matching is corporate controlled? (I ask because I've always wanted to know without coming off as cheap. Let's think of the irony there).
                  It is, because we have the site to store option. Personally, I'm on the fence. The thing is that if he did site-to-store, he wouldn't have to pay shipping and handling, and he could get it for the 50$ cheaper still, just wait a few days. So yes, coporate controls the policy, I feel we would get the money either way, but I also feel that if they saw it online for cheaper, they should just get it there for cheaper.
                  "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

Comment

one time when i was cart bitch, I saw a customer try to get a manager to price match Sam's(we don't, they're wholesale, we're retail) and after probably lying about having a sam's membership he pulled the "so I'd probably be better off to get it at Sam's?" to which the manager nodded and replied "probably"

I helped the customer load the item into his vehicle

Comment

Working...
                    X