This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• look in the mirror before speaking

So I was in one of the wonderful national chains we all love (bullseye)

And I just happened to be wearing a red shirt . . .with denium crop pants, flip flops, carrying a purse and a hand held shoping basket. (not pusing a buggy/cart)
    Another person walks up to me and asks where to find a product. I just kinds look at them and say I am not sure. She then says "You mean you work here and don't know where to find ______"
    I just kinda look at them for a moment . . .she then added "Well your wearing a red shirt"
    I then say "True I am weaing a red shirt, denium, flip flops and my purse. You yourself are wearing a red shirt does that mean you work here?" She looked down and realized I was correct she wasalso wearing a red shirt. She then looked up at me blushing and said "Have you ever had one of those days where the world is telling you to slow down?"
    I said "Yes, I have" and then I walked on.

I do enjoy it when their own logic works against them.

Eheh... I might do that. Those sorts of days hit me a lot. x_x

memorable incident: If you wear red, you work at *store*. I was in middle school (note: I'm in college now, and I look 12. Imagine how young I looked!) and I went to a private Catholic school. Our "PE Days" shirt was red... with the school emblem in bright gold. I generally knew where things were in the store, so I'd usually just answer... but how anyone could mistake me for working there is a mystery.
    Last edited by Pairou; 08-25-2008, 07:11 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes.

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
      She then looked up at me blushing and said "Have you ever had one of those days where the world is telling you to slow down?"
      At least she had the decency to be embarrassed about it. So many SCs, after a situation like that, proceed to hunt down a manager and have a hissy-fit, demanding that you be fired from the store you don't work at.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I get reactions like that on occasion, and I'm not even wearing anything resembling a uniform. I have a number of security shirts from my usual summer job and often wear them as regular t-shirts. It can get annoying after a while.
        Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          At least she had the decency to be embarrassed about it. So many SCs, after a situation like that, proceed to hunt down a manager and have a hissy-fit, demanding that you be fired from the store you don't work at.

I couldn't imagine that happening. Unless they were too dumb to understand the concept of not necessarily working in a place you shop.

Comment

Quoth dithers66 View Post
            I couldn't imagine that happening. Unless they were too dumb to understand the concept of not necessarily working in a place you shop.
            And at that point, their logic eats them again, because by that standard, since they shop there, they must work there. And if they work there, they must know where everything is!
            All that glitters has a high refractive index.

The meat is rotten, but the booze is holding out.
            -> Computer translation of "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Comment

I used to work for a construction company who gave us orange t-shirts every so often. Everytime I wore one to Home Depot people would stop me and ask where things were. If they were nice and I knew where it was, I'd tell them. If I didn't know, I'd tell them I didn't work there and show them the company logo on my T-shirt.

If they were jerks I'd tell them we were out of stock and wouldn't have any in for three days, or send them on a wild goose chase around the store.
              Last edited by Grumpy; 08-26-2008, 12:08 AM. Reason: pesky pronouns

Comment

Working...
              X