This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't do this to me!

About two weeks ago, NBC began transmitting a full strength broadcast station serving one region of my state. As such, two other stations (one from another part of our state, the other from a bordering state) pulled back their coverage in said region. And so calls the sucky customers...

SC: Older gent living in said area
    Me: Um...me

Me: Thanks for calling Awesome Cable Company, my name is Jack, how may I help you?
    SC: What happened to NBC on channel ***?
    Me: Sir, that channel is no longer available. NBC now has a local channel serving (Town One) and (Town Two) and all areas between.
    SC: But I don't want NBC on channel ^^^, I want the old one on channel ***!
    Me: I do apologize about that, but NBC itself has re-arranged its broadcast areas. Awesome Cable has no control of the local affiliates, we only re-broadcast them.
    SC: Well isn't that just f***ing great. Why the f*** did you do this to me? You can't do this to me!
    Me: Again sir, I do apologize, but Awesome Cable can't tell NBC where to broadcast from or what to broadcast. Again, they provide us content, we just re-broadcast.
    (repeat three or four times)
    SC: Well, if you f***ers won't do anything about that, I'll just have to go to Dish.
    Me: That's your choice sir, but you'll receive the same channels. In this case Dish and DirectTV are in the same boat as we are.
    SC: Well f*** off! (click)

ah yes, because call center reps control the world, even multi-billion dollar broadcasting companies.

Even by SC standards that was pretty unreasonable there...my condolences for being the lucky soul who got to deal with that one!
    Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
    --Unknown

Comment

I keep wondering when the call center workers will rise up and take revenge on the stupid callers that they keep getting.
      Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Quoth karath View Post
        ah yes, because call center reps control the world, even multi-billion dollar broadcasting companies.

Even by SC standards that was pretty unreasonable there...my condolences for being the lucky soul who got to deal with that one!
        I've probably had about 50-60 of these in the past two weeks, but this guy was the worst. Most are more like "Oh, really?" when I tell them. I won't get into the jerks who call about the Feb '09 transition...yet.

Comment

Quoth Andrew B. View Post
          I keep wondering when the call center workers will rise up and take revenge on the stupid callers that they keep getting.
          Because if call center reps are smart, they'll realize that there are more of us than there are of them ... and most of us don't like dealing with call centers ... especially sales people or reps on REALLY lame scripts.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
            Because if call center reps are smart, they'll realize that there are more of us than there are of them ... and most of us don't like dealing with call centers ... especially sales people or reps on REALLY lame scripts.
            Ok, that make sense to me. Sorry about the stupid train of thought.
            Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Our cable company did something similar a few months ago. One of the major networks channels for a neighboring city station in a different state that we liked to watch because I worked in said city. We called about it and we told the same thing, minus the whining and screaming. Now if we need to see the news for that city we just get on on that stations website.

Comment

I think cable/satellite customers are pretty much the same: spoiled brats.
                The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

I wish my life were so simple to the point that the biggest thing I had to worry about was what channel NBC was on
                  The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Working...
                  X