This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "It's not fair!"

On the Sunday after my birthday, I was on an express checkout. We were in the process of closing the store (it was about 10 minutes after close). One of the supervisors plus the Groceries manager (who helps out on checkouts occasionally and rocks), the guy next up from him and our STORE manager were hanging around, ready to shoo off any people who tried to get through the express checkout. We managed to do quite a few of these, didn't matter if they had the "Oh I need one thing!" excuse (we also can't sell cigarettes after close, state law)

I was in the process of taking out my drawer ready to run up to the cash office when all of a sudden, these two idiots walk past.

I1-Idiot 1.
    I2-Idiot 2.
    M-Your wonderful checkout person.

I1-Hey, what time do you close?
    M-Uh now.
    I1-Oh, I just need one thing.
    M-Sorry sir, we're closed.
    I2-Oh, but that's not fair.
    M (in my head)-Yes sir, it's not fair that we have lives!
    J (manager)-Sorry guys, we're closed.
    I1-OK then.

They leave.

Idiots. WHYYYYY do they not get that when we are closed, we're closed?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

"You keep saying that, what is your basis for 'fair'?"
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I do not think that word means what you think it means.
      ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post

I1-Idiot 1.
        I2-Idiot 2.
        M-Your wonderful checkout person.

I1-Hey, what time do you close?
        M-Uh now.
        I1-Oh, I just need one thing.
        M-Sorry sir, we're closed.
        I2-Oh, but that's not fair.
        It's not fair to us that you take your sweet ass time for that "one thing" while we're closed because you think we don't have lives. Go to a 24 hour store or get your goods WHILE we're open.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Gotta wonder how 'fair' they would think it is if 2 minutes before they are scheduled to leave their jobs (assuming they have jobs and are not sponging off of someone else) if their boss where to give them a job to do, and tell them that it must be finished before they leave for the day.
          "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
          ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

That wouldn't be fair either. For the exact same reason - "I am inconvenienced". To them, they are the centre of the world. Fairness is entirely defined by how it affects their individual personage, and is never applied to others in any kind of empathetic (empathic?) way.

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
              It's not fair to us that you take your sweet ass time for that "one thing" while we're closed because you think we don't have lives. Go to a 24 hour store or get your goods WHILE we're open.
              I came very close to telling them that there's a servo a good few hundred metres away from us and they are more than welcome to harass-I mean be serviced by-the staff there (who incidentally get a lot more crap than we do because of higher petrol prices, high diesel prices etc.)
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
                I do not think that word means what you think it means.
                Beat me to it!
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

"You say that so often. I wonder what your basis for comparison is."
                  "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

Quoth Sharsarannon View Post
                    "You say that so often. I wonder what your basis for comparison is."
                    Damn, I was trying to remember that quote, and apparently merged it and Princess Bride into one...
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                    X