Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And a Friendly How-Do-You-Do to You, Too!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And a Friendly How-Do-You-Do to You, Too!

Short scene in the computer department. I'm standing next to the hard drives talking to a co-worker. A middle-aged man enters the aisle with a rather determined look on his face. He's walking slowly, though, so I figure that he must be looking for something.

Me: (to co-worker) Just a moment, V. (to customer) How are you doing today, sir?
    Customer: No.
    Me: Anything I can help you find?
    Me: All right. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Me: ...

This guy didn't look exactly happy, but his voice conveyed no emotion at all! I saw him leave without buying anything a short time later, wearing that same determined scowl.

Greeter: Thanks for coming in, sir. Have a nice afternoon.

Just weird. Like a sulky three-year-old.
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

hawaiin shirts.... I'd say, wow you get some odd ones... but I get that at least once a day with someone checking in where they won't say a word to you other than the name on the reservations...
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

You could've really had some fun with this guy: asking questions that obviously had a "yes" answer and see how much of an idiot he would've been answering "no." ie: when I ask my cw "Do you know anything????" But I can see how he would be annoying
      I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Nobody think that I would actually say that to a cust. Also, it is usually always said to my cw in jest.
        I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ya know, I've had cranky customers, exhausted customers happy customers and the like; but never a bland customer.

Add more salt.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I have never had any customers that angry or weird. Usually they will just ignore you.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post

Add more salt.

and now the very nice pilot using the guest computer in the lobby is wondering what is so damned funny
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

He must have been channeling my 2 1/2 year old niece - that's her favorite word these days.
                The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                X