This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??? my kids gonna scream?

Right as I got on shift I had a person call from outside of the hotel and ask room/rate etc. Then they asked if they could not have anyone around them. ???

I told them there is no way I can garantee that. This gentleman understood but said he didn't want to disturb any other guests because he has a young daughter.

???

Okay he didn't say if his daughter was a baby but there is absolutely no way I am gonna risk the noise or the fact that he just told me there would be noise.

I told him that there is no way we can garantee there would be no one around him and if they are making noise we would have ask them to leave.

He didn't sound too down, but honestly what the poop???? I felt the need to infor this possible SC that we can't have noise specially if he just garanteed to me there would be noise! I pretty much refused him a room, but I didn't feel I had a choice.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Look at the bright side: at least you didn't have to deal with him as a guest.

Comment

well that's strange.... maybe he was just being overly cautious or something? I've known some parents to say their kid was loud sometimes, only to have the kid not even make a noise the entire time they were around.

I probably would've mentioned that if he knew she'd cause complaints -- he'd be free to reserve all the rooms around his as well

Comment

maybe it's just me but... yes, it sounds like he was actually trying to plan ahead and be courteous to the other guests.

personally i'd much rather have someone act like that, instead of being an sc if others complained bout the daughter.

Comment

yeah, I agree that it sounds like he was planning in advance... but really the only way to guarantee that rooms on all sides of you are empty is to reserve and pay for them... I think he wanted the hotel to just leave rooms empty (which may or may not be costing the hotel money depending on how busy it is).
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I'm guessing if she is a new girl...she has colic and is crying up a storm right now. Which would desturb other patrons.

Comment

All of this sounds good, and next time if it ever happens again I might mention he would have to purchase the rooms beside him as well BUT if a child is screaming the rooms across the hallway will hear as well. So we are up to 3 or 4 rooms the guy would have to purchase, which comes past the $400 mark. And depending on the child, what if the entire floor can hear this kid? There is no way I would risk it.
              When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

There are all types of scenarios from new baby, to a disabled older child. The fact remains the father knew there would be noise that may disturb other guests. It is too bad, but at least he was nice enough to warn you in advance.

Honestly though if the child is disabled and you refused a room (I know you didn't know the details) there could be a potential discrimination issue your company may have to deal with.
                Tamezin

Comment

I say kudos to him. He's one of the dwindling number of parents who recognize that those of us who don't have kids don't want to hear them scream. Just because you've gotten used to it, doesn't make it any less annoying to me.
                  Check out my cosplay social group!
                  http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Will a crying baby actually get you thrown out of a hotel? Sometimes babies cry and sometimes parents have to stay in hotels with them. Surely there is some leeway? Does this happen a lot?
                    "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Quoth walking with scissors View Post
                      Will a crying baby actually get you thrown out of a hotel? Sometimes babies cry and sometimes parents have to stay in hotels with them. Surely there is some leeway? Does this happen a lot?
                      I personally sympathize for such a guest. The other guests could litterally give a shit. If there is noise, the world revolves around them & those people will cost us money just because other humans are thoughtless and selfish. So to answer your question, yes and no. I have had young babies stay in the hotel often. Our hotel is double-padded when most hotels are single (sound insulation). Most of the time, this is no issue if they cry for a little bit. Other guests are surprisingly selfish and only think, "Shut that kid up!"

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
                        Other guests are surprisingly selfish and only think, "Shut that kid up!"
                        Also consider this... suppose your guests have spent several hours in a vehicle driving cross-country. I don't know about you, but long trips can be tiring, especially if the weather sucks. If I'm tired, I want to sleep...not be kept up half the night because of noise. How is it selfish to want quiet at night? No sleep and having to drive is *not* a good thing.
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

My compliments to that would-be guest.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I don't see any sign of a suck, here. I think that the (potential) guest was being really thoughtful of others, which was very sweet of him.

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
                              Right as I got on shift I had a person call from outside of the hotel and ask room/rate etc. Then they asked if they could not have anyone around them. ???
                              Celebrities do this. But then again, they insure privacy and quiet by actually paying to book all the adjoining hotel rooms.

Comment

Working...
                              X