This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a new one.

So I spend a bit of my day in a chat room, waiting on the lawyers to come play with me. As I wait, a friend of mine who is a IT guy for a Big Fancy Resort comes into the chat, extremely amused, and tells us about a call he just got from a guest.

DF= Dear Friend
    SC=possibly strange not sucky

SC demanded that we turn off the wireless access point next to her room.

DF explains that there isn't one.

SC insisted that there was and she knew it.

DF made the mistake of asking her how she knew

SC: It is causing my pubic hair to fall out!

DF:Well, that's impossible mam. Those are 802.11g Access point. Pubic Hair removal is a feature only on 802.11n Access points.
    She stayed quiet for a moment. Then before she could say anything, DF said, "Seriously, ma'am I suggest you call our clinic. I can bring you the network drawings, you're no where near an access point."

As soon as she hung up he went right to his manager to tell him, just in case and all the guy said was "Oh, Mrs. Mxtlplix is staying with us again?"
    Apparently, she's a regular

That's so silly!
    I work at Walgreens.

(I'm just tired of mentioning it every time I want to relate to a story. )

Comment

O.k., I just have to ask ...

Where the heck did she get an idea that being near a wireless access point causes pubic hair to fall out?

Did she get this tidbit of information on the internet?? I hope she wasn't using wireless at the time then ...
      This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
        O.k., I just have to ask ...

Where the heck did she get an idea that being near a wireless access point causes pubic hair to fall out?

Did she get this tidbit of information on the internet?? I hope she wasn't using wireless at the time then ...
        Wherever it was she got that information from, I doubt it was Playgirl . . . I'd think their information would be more scientifically sound than that.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
          My guess is she read something about electromagnetic radiation from information-carrying radio waves, put two and two together, and came up with eighteen. I personally tend to lean towards the scientists who say electromagnetic radiation is dangerous, though there is a certain amount of debate out there. What I have been taught however is that in many (not all) cases, the effect is cumulative and the issues that it causes will occur over time.

In other words, I have never read a study that stated staying in a hotel room next to an AP would cause hair to fall out

And the line about hair removal only being a feature of Wireless N? Pure genius

Comment

Quoth Moggie View Post
            DF:Well, that's impossible mam. Those are 802.11g Access point. Pubic Hair removal is a feature only on 802.11n Access points.

Your friend may well have set up a delayed suck. Just imagine what will happen to someone who informs the crazy lady that they provide 802.11n access points...

Comment

DF is a close friend of mine as well...he has an amazing ability to say these things with a perfectly straight face, too.

Moggie missed a line of the story...after he assured her she wasn't near a wireless point, she asked him if they were near a Verizon wireless tower, because that could be causing the problem too.
              It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Oops! Lady A is right. And she's also right that our DF has the best poker face I've ever seen.

Comment

so... all you need to get a good bikini line... is to stand near a wireless access point?

good to know, i might need to get one then... see if it attracts any bikini models.
                  Rawr

Comment

Nobody suggested to her she could solve the problem with a Brazilian?
                    "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Even if this were true, why would it make pubic hair fall out but not any other body hair?

Comment

Don't ask how I know this, but apparently pubic hair sometimes responds more quickly than head hair, to various things that normally make hair fall out.

Comment

I'm thinking it was a very strange prank call. Only explanation I can think of - well, unless the lady is just batshit crazy.
                          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                          X