Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not my fault I had to break the law....

So today I get a call from a resident in town. Seems some total stranger has parked their Toyota Celica on his lawn. Yeah, you heard that right, they parked ON HIS LAWN as in ON THE GRASS and left.

Well, that’s a no-no, tresspassing to be exact, so I head on over and hook up the car. As I’m doing so, I notice that it has a parking permit hanging in it for an apartment building that’s across the street, that’s kinda odd, you get 99% of the way to where you’re going, and then just give up? Oh well, I’m sure I’ll hear the excuse for this later. Sure enough about an hour after the car’s been impounded I get a phone call.

Genius – “Did you tow my car from 405 Easy St.?”
    Me – “Yes we did, it was called in by the property owner for being on his lawn”
    Genius – “I had a permit!”
    Me – “For the apartment at 400 Easy St. but you were parked at 405 Easy St. , that’s a totally different property, the permit isn’t valid there, and besides, you were on another person's lawn.”
    Genius – “But the lot was full! I had nowhere to park”
    Me – “Mam’, you can’t just park on another person’s property without permission, that’s trespassing.”
    Genius – “Well, I need my car back, and I’m not paying for it”
    Me – “Yes you are, it will be $95 to get it back and without payment I will not release it”
    Genius – “Well, I’ll pay, but I don’t think I should have to, it’s not my fault the lot was full”
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

And this might've been a good time to hike up the charge. Inflation and all, you know...

Comment

Wow, parking on the lawn. That's pretty special. How do people make these things work out in their head? Better yet, how do the justify this to their friends who they'll inevitably tell in self-righteous fury?

Comment

Don't worry, next time the lot is full, you can park in 405's swimming pool. They said it was okay
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Jory, people like this can tell their "friends" any story with all the self-righteous fury they like. Their "friends" are sock puppets... or cats... Or the poor handicapped people who live at the home who can't speak and can't run away on their own volition.
          "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

He's lucky someone didn't decide to "customize" his vehicle. You know, letting the air out of the tires, breaking a window or two, that sort of thing. He's lucky it was simply towed
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Yea new paintball target!

On a more serious note. Darn, now that is some logic. The lot is full, therefore I will park in someone's yard. I mean you could troll the lot for parking spaces, double park, call the towing company and get the people who were not registered there towed, or go somewhere else for a bit till the lot clears. Why park in someone's yard?
              "Wow, that has to be the best genital analogy EVER. "

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                He's lucky someone didn't decide to "customize" his vehicle. You know, letting the air out of the tires, breaking a window or two, that sort of thing. He's lucky it was simply towed
                In Chicago, when you shovel snow out a parking place on the street you have 'dibs' on that place--mark it with folding chairs or other items.

The unwritten rules are:
                First offense: Pour water over the offending auto.
                Second offense: Let air out of tires
                Subsequent offenses: break outside glass

Best of all, Mayor-for-Life Daley defends this practice.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

She's lucky the owner didn't call the police to start with. They could have added a ticket or two for her to pay as well on top of the towing charge.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                    In Chicago, when you shovel snow out a parking place on the street you have 'dibs' on that place--mark it with folding chairs or other items.
                    People do that here too, even though street parking is all "first come, first served." Makes me glad I live out in the 'burbs, and have a driveway

Comment

I want to live on a "Easy Street" some day.

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                      First offense: Pour water over the offending auto.
                      What's the point of pouring water on the car? To freeze the locks shut?

RW <-- Who's never been north of the Mason Dixen line and thinks the only season "Up North" is Rain and Winter.
                      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                        What's the point of pouring water on the car? To freeze the locks shut?
                        Well, that and it leaves sheets of water on the glass...which can be a *bitch* to scrape off.

Comment

It's football weekend in State College, isn't it?
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I would have defiled the car somehow if it was in my lawn.

Toothpaste under the door handles, shaving cream writing that says"I'm a douchebag that likes to park on other people's lawns", or perhaps I would saran wrap the whole thing.
                            Check out my cosplay social group!
                            http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

The hell? I don't park on my own damn lawn. She's lucky she'll have car TO pay for.
                              MySpace

Comment

Working...
                              X