This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The customer is always right!"

Why is it that every time someone says that, they always turn out to be a total butthead? -__-

Today at the petrol station, we had a problem with the till. It basically froze, so we had to close the petrol station while we rebooted it and waited for it to reload. All the customers were fine with me serving while my collegue put the barriers up... all cept one guy. He kept bitching constantly, saying, "Guess the customer isn't always right, cuz you're closing for no reason," and "Why don't you hire more staff, then you wouldn't have technical problems." He was a total arsehole and as he walked away, I flipped the bird at him under the counter.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    Why is it that every time someone says that, they always turn out to be a total butthead? -__-
    Because normal people know it's not true.

Comment

Cause they're wrong and they know it. But they're SCs so they don't care.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Because simple people only understand simple rules ... adding complexities and nuances is HARD.

"The good customers are always right."

Well, there you have to make a value judgement ... what is a good customer? To an SC, this is someone who bought $10 worth of product in 1995. To a real good customer, this is someone who purchases large amounts of product on a regular basis.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

"Why don't you hire more staff, then you wouldn't have technical problems."
          Right, because more people means computers break down less...

Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

Quoth TheComputerError View Post
            Right, because more people means computers break down less...
            I was thinking the exact same thing, no logic in that at all.
            Last edited by Ree; 09-06-2008, 01:23 PM. Reason: Fixing quote tags
            I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

What the hell has being "right" got to do with the fact that you're having technical issues? If you can't pump the gas, you can't pump it. Not your fault.

And that "Why don't you hire more staff?" question. GARGH! Again, not part of the equation! (Not to mention that it's irritating to hear from people who have NO CONCEPT of how retail payroll is calculated in any event.)

What "The customer is always right" actually means from a retail standpoint is that we treat them as if they are right, even if they are flat out wrong. Another way of thinking about is this, "The customer isn't always right, but the customer is the customer." Again, neither are applicable here.
              Last edited by Mike Taylor; 09-06-2008, 06:27 AM.
              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Yeah "The customer is always right" and "This moron is a jerk" don't have a common ground.
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth Supermarket Slave Girl View Post
                  I was thinking the exact same thing, no logic in that at all.
                  Yeah, but this is SC logic that holds as much to real logic as a fish does to a bicycle. -.- In actual fact, as long as there are at least two people in the petrol station, we have enough staff.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                  X