This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appliance delivery.

I've been reading your posts for about a year, And trust me I feel your pain. I've been in retail for about 18 years, Mostly delivering appliances. Here a few of late I thought Id share with you.

Took a GE Profile refridgerator up 26 steps. Took the old one out and installed the new one. Put the old one on the truck to haul away and went back into the house to get my ticket signed.

SC, You guy's do a good job.
    ME, Thank you very much.
    SC, I'll bet your worn out at the end of the day?
    ME, Yes! Sometimes.
    SC, Turns to her 8 yearold son and says " See Seth thats why an education is important, You don't want to wind up doing something like this for a living!!!!!!!

Rich guy orders entire kitchen package. DW, Range , Microwave and fridge. Took all the old one's out ,Installed the new one's. Took about an hour and a half.

RG. Ok! you're done. One question.
    ME Yes sir.
    RG, What do you do with the old ones?
    ME, I take them to the dump, From there they go to metal recycling.
    RG you're an asshole! You should give them to Mexicans or poor people.
    ME, Mad and getting ready to explode. Well where might I find those type people?
    RG, I don't know but you should try looking.
    ME, How about Ileave your oldone's on your porch and you can find someone to give them to. END OF CONVERSATION.

Welcome! I noticed it was your first post.

And wow... those are a couple of really ignorant/bigoted people. Hopefully most of the ones you have to deal with are better than that.

Comment

Quoth Deliveryman View Post
      I've been reading your posts for about a year, And trust me I feel your pain. I've been in retail for about 18 years, Mostly delivering appliances. Here a few of late I thought Id share with you.

Took a GE Profile refridgerator up 26 steps. Took the old one out and installed the new one. Put the old one on the truck to haul away and went back into the house to get my ticket signed.

SC, You guy's do a good job.
      ME, Thank you very much.
      SC, I'll bet your worn out at the end of the day?
      ME, Yes! Sometimes.
      SC, Turns to her 8 yearold son and says " See Seth thats why an education is important, You don't want to wind up doing something like this for a living!!!!!!!
      Gah I HATE people like this. Because the economy sucks there are a good many college grads working in the retail/service/hospitality industries. Some people put themselves through school while working in such fields. That SC is proof that all the education in the world can't keep you from being a b-tch.
      Oh, and I second Darkwish's welcome.

Comment

Nice story. Sorry you had to live through it!

Comment

If he was 'giving' away a dish washer to a 'poor' person I would have jumped on it. Land Lady might have gotten a bit irked but I hate doing dishes with a passion.

Comment

If there weren't people doing that for a living, his rich spoiled ass would be carrying it upstairs himself.

Welcome aboard, and great first post!
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Welcome. When I was cashier I got that several times. I guess SC's never realized that all this young people in retail just stay for life as opposed to say work during HS or college.

Comment

" See Seth thats why an education is important, You don't want to wind up doing something like this for a living!!!!!!!
                Some jackass did that same thing to one of my installers, almost word for word. The installer called me and told me the story. He was absolutely livid. I told him to pack up his tools and go on to to his next appointment. When the SC called to scream, I told him I would not send the installer back, nor would I send another out, nor would I do business with him at all, as I had no intention of sending my employees into an abusive atmosphere. He ended up apologizing to the installer, who very graciously agreed to go back. I think it made it easier for him to deal with the dick knowing that he didn't have to.

Comment

I like the nice people who do labor jobs and install large appliances so I don't have to... I couldn't care if they were hamsters with opposable thumbs, I would never mock anyone doing me some sort of service.
                  "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

ME, How about I leave your old one's on your porch and you can find someone to give them to. END OF CONVERSATION.
                    LOL! The perfect response.
                    "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
                    -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Quoth Grumpy View Post
                      Some jackass did that same thing to one of my installers, almost word for word. The installer called me and told me the story. He was absolutely livid. I told him to pack up his tools and go on to to his next appointment. When the SC called to scream, I told him I would not send the installer back, nor would I send another out, nor would I do business with him at all, as I had no intention of sending my employees into an abusive atmosphere. He ended up apologizing to the installer, who very graciously agreed to go back. I think it made it easier for him to deal with the dick knowing that he didn't have to.
                      Bravo!

And welcome to CS Deliveryman, where the beer is free and so are the boobies.
                      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

What's worse is when SC's tend to undercut how much that person is making as well.

I love that I'm making (including a slight differential) $18.63/hr right now - but SC's will say something along the lines of "You don't know crap, you're probably lucky to be making $8 an hour to answer phones."

Happened a lot more in my old job - where I was making even more with bonuses - but never underestimate a customer to say how much they think you are worth.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                          Bravo!

And welcome to CS Deliveryman, where the beer is free and so are the boobies.
                          Thanks for the welcome. I had a bad day about a year ago and googled customers suck and found this site. I really feel for the cashiers that post, That has to be the most annoying job customer wise that's ever been.

I have been banned from a local grocery store for taking up for a cashier, But that's a story for another day.

Comment

RG. Ok! you're done. One question.
                            ME Yes sir.
                            RG, What do you do with the old ones?
                            ME, I take them to the dump, From there they go to metal recycling.
                            RG you're an asshole! You should give them to Mexicans or poor people.
                            ME, Mad and getting ready to explode. Well where might I find those type people?
                            ME, How about Ileave your oldone's on your porch and you can find someone to give them to. END OF CONVERSATION.
                            There usually are organizations in most cities that will accept donations of various items including appliances, provided they still work and aren't in terrible shape (and provided they actually have room for them). This would be something decided at the company management level however. A good idea (and a tax writeoff?) depending on the average quality of goods that come off these replacements. Then again, metal recycling's good too if they're junk.

Just saying... since I've worked at places before where it angered me to the "hey, this is still usable" stuff I saw being thrown out. Then again, the flipside to the argument is that I already have a notable amount of stuff I've saved from garbage that I find I don't really need, and may have to return there.

/fighting his dumpster diving genes
                            Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

Oh I hate that more than anything. I work full time, and also part-time, in retail. I have both a BA and MS, but I like working my second job as its completely different from my main one, gets me out and allows me to be social, AND, most importantly, gets me a nice discount at my favorite store.

that being said, the store I work at is an upscale women's store, and you would not believe some of the SCs. While no one has ever said anything directly to me, I can sometimes tell they are thinking, well, what does SHE know, she's just a lowly peon, sales associate. Just because someone works in retail, or in your case, installing appliances, doesn't mean you're stupid or lazy. I wouldn't have a clue how to install an appliance, nor be able to get rid of the old ones! everyone has their own skills, and does what they enjoy, and it doesn't make them any less a person if they do something, say, that doesn't require education that may be required for other careers.

Comment

Working...
                              X