This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Glory

So working for an airline can be...interesting. I get a lot of SC's, many of them justified, but I get a lot that just want to be whiney little babies.

One of the best parts of my job is that I get to answer the emails that people send in from our website. I enjoy this time spent at work much more than being on the phone because dealing with people in writing is sooooo much easier than dealing with them on the phone where they can do their annoying habits like eating, using the restroom, or interrupting you.

I took the email position with the idea that if people are smart enough to be able to email in they will probably be smarter than my average customers on the phone...oh how wrong I was.

Main things to remember about the form customers fill in is there are places to put your name and the reservation code so we can look up the info if we need to. Also it clearly states our email response can take up to 24 hours.

Here are a few of my favorites:

*emails are in quotes and highlighted blue, how I would like to have replied to them is in italis. All spelling and gramatical errors are those of the customer and not myself.

"I need to see my flight itinerary"

We all need a lot of things. Too bad we can't always get it. How about you provide me with the basics like your reservation number and I'll see what I can do.

"Please my flight and my daughters, copnf number ABCDEF."

Please what? PLEASE WHAT? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YOU MUST TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT!

"Haven't been able to enter my pasport information, nor to access the forms"

This is not a question. This is a statement. While I'm pretty sure I know what you are getting at all emails that expect a response must be worded in the form of a question if you even have a prayer of getting an answer.

"Hi, I did not receive a confirmation email and I need to know my confirmation code!!"

Thank you for adding not one, but TWO, exclamation points. Now I know your request is urgent and I will reply to it that much faster. Oh wait, you still gave me no information to be able to look up your information so looks like we get to start from the beginning, sigh.

"email me"

Well hello there! How are you today? I am doing well thank you. I just thought I would pop off an email in your direction to see how you are doing this glorious day. Now what could I possibly help you with? I know I should be able to guess that from all the fascinating questions you asked but you see I am a little slow...moron.

"Can you check that please. I already went to that location. Thanks."

What a coincidence! I went there myself! How did you like their food? Oh, that's not what we're talking about? Well silly me I just assumed we were talking about the Olive Garden!

Those are just a small helping of what I deal with on a daily basis. I'll post more but for the time being enjoy and thanks for reading.

In the Call Center from hell, contacts were received by phone, postal mail and email. We received many emails similar to those you had, as far as the customer including NO valid information. Fortunately, we were often able to locate the customer's account by cross referencing the email address. If their message made no sense, we had a prewritten form letter that could be sent to inform the customer that they should contact us again and to include all pertinent information. Since we had to meet a minimum OPH on mail, I used that correspondence frequently. Much better than trying to decipher stupid, as I am definitely not fluent in that language.
    "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth freeatlast View Post
      Much better than trying to decipher stupid, as I am definitely not fluent in that language.
      I lol'd!

Comment

Quoth SapphireSky View Post
        You want me to please your daughters? Well, who am I to argue? Bring them to my harem!

Comment

"Much better than trying to decipher stupid, as I am definitely not fluent in that language."

3 years of online chat support. I can translate stupid into 13 different languages now!
          http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
          Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth Panigg View Post
            "Much better than trying to decipher stupid, as I am definitely not fluent in that language."

3 years of online chat support. I can translate stupid into 13 different languages now!
            Which ones?

Stupid
            Dumb
            Entitled
            Crazy
            Drunk

Those are the only ones I know of... what are the other 7?
            Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post
              Which ones?

Stupid
              Dumb
              Entitled
              Crazy
              Drunk

Those are the only ones I know of... what are the other 7?
              You forgot AOL Speak.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I'm somewhat fluent in typonese.
                Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                  You forgot AOL Speak.
                  Slowly but surely after 9 years on AOHell, I am still trying to set a good example to my fellows.

Too bad they're so ingrained on text-speaking.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I speak pretty good dipshit (not affiliated with IPF's retarded Cow-irker)
                    My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth SapphireSky View Post

I just accidentally a coke bottle.

Comment

Working...
                      X