This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how stupid can they get?

One day my girlfriend was just off work and was shopping at the grocery store I work at. She was still in her uniform and I guess she had a few people ask her if she worked there. I mean our uniforms are 2 completely different colours: hers is red and mine is an ugly grey.

On another occasion I had to pick up a part for my car at the parts store. I was in my street clothes and 3 different customers asked me where such and such product is. After i explained to them that i did not work there they looked at me funny and said "oh".

It's one of those things that make you say WTF?

Dont you know? Retail workers give off a pheremone when they start working, advising everyone around that they are a "lowly wage slave" and they can do ANYTHING at ANYWHERE they are.

Okay, so it's not an exact science, but seriously, when I worked retail, anywhere I'd go, I'd get asked where something was, or to do something for a "good customer"...

Best part was, where I worked, the "uniform" I had was street clothes. There wasn't even any indication I'd have a uniform for anywhere else!
    Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

At B&N there are no uniforms, but there is a dress code (no jeans, sneakers, etc.). I've been asked if I work there while wearing, jeans, sneakers, and sweatshirt, and carrying two cups from Starbucks (stopped in to visit a friend and went to get him coffee).

I've also been asked if I worked there while on my way in for my shift, wearing coat and scarf, carrying purse, lunch bag, and dripping umbrella. (This from a woman sitting on the floor with a pile of books from the parenting section; ironically I went that way to avoid customers in the main aisle.) I just said no and kept going.

I've also been asked if I work there while standing behind the cashwrap (but not actually at a register); and I've been told of people asking the question of coworkers standing inside the Customer Service desk.
      Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 10-05-2008, 04:38 PM.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth christopherius View Post
        how stupid can they get?
        That is a rhetorical question, right?
        "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
        .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
          That is a rhetorical question, right?
          lol yes it is

Comment

Working...
          X