This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a quickie-mart, not a bank!!!

Sunday morning is never a good time to expect change for a $100 bill at the convenience store. It's especially annoying when the change requests come from non-customers. We're only allowed by management to keep a certain amount in our drawers, so I can only do so much. Besides, I feel no particular obligation to people who have no intention of making a purchase. Therefore, the answer is a flat no, and no amount of arguing with me or whining will change that. I also hate people who come in wanting quarters for the car wash/laundromat across the street. They have their own change machines, so I feel no obligation to sell the store's limited supply of quarters. In short, buy something, use a payment that requires minimal change in return, and go the hell away. I honestly don't care why these people want the change. For that matter, I honestly don't care why customers want what they want, just as long as they make their visit as quick and as painless as possible for me.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

In these days of the umbiqutis ATM how dose any one end up with a hundred dollor bill with out having gone out of thier way to aquire it

Comment

That is so annoying! You only have $100 in your drawer at the beginning of the day, What are you supposed to do? Give them the whole drawer?
      Check out my cosplay social group!
      http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

I've had people bitch at me because I can't give them cash out first thing in the morning! FFS, cash register =/= ATM. If you don't wanna pay your fees, go suck on a dildo.
        Or switch to a Visa Debit account.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I sometimes get $100 notes in my pay, in those cases I get rid of them when I do my banking. (it's great, my bank has a branch literally 3 minutes from work so I can get paid at the end of my shift on payday, then go to the bank on my way home)

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
            I honestly don't care why these people want the change. For that matter, I honestly don't care why customers want what they want, just as long as they make their visit as quick and as painless as possible for me.

YES thats how I feel exactly!!!!!

Comment

Well...if ya tip me a twenty, I might be able to find some change...What?
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
                That is so annoying! You only have $100 in your drawer at the beginning of the day, What are you supposed to do? Give them the whole drawer?
                I was tempted once. Literally the first customer of the day. Bought a magazine for $3.95. When I told him I couldn't break his hundred he said "What, don't they give you any money?" I was very tempted to take out $3.95 and then dump the rest of the drawer on the counter. But I was mature and called the manager to break it from the safe instead.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
                  My old boss would require we do that, if we have just enough to break their $100. Or if we didn't have enough, then one of us would have to go next door and make change. We lost money doing that shit. Stupid ass people owning business's when they do not know how to run one.
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I hate hate the hundred dollar bills on the less than 10 dollar totals. I do like it when I have a few fifties in my drawer, because they almost always want something smaller... "Can't you give me anything smaller?" "uh, no".

Also don't do requests for smaller bills either. If I have a ten (normally, no 10's in my drawer), you get a ten, not two fives. Not 1 five and 5 ones... (anyone else remember this?)...because fives and ones are in short supply. I might give you a less crumpled bill, if it's not too much work, but only if you're not a complete dick about it.
                    you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

I usually have plenty to make change and do not mind if its a real purchase ,you can tell they come i pick up several items it comes to 3-6 bucks they play a hundred on me , I just make sure its real then break it

back when i was a new cashier and not so wise to asshattery I would break the bills without purchase thinking I was helping a customer,

okay people not making purchases not customers

its sooo funny when folks get mad when I say yes with 5 dollar purchase, I use to say with purchase but of course "customer" picks out a 25 cent candy declaring it a purchase
                      or the always amusing"I don't need anything here you're just trying to make money!"

the other end of this is folk with change just wanting bills
                      " do you accept change?"
                      yes we accept change for purchases
                      no I need cash for gas
                      use your change at the gas station
                      they wont accept it
                      too bad we accept change from our customers you should complain to them about it

Comment

Quoth simpleyme View Post
                        " do you accept change?"
                        yes we accept change for purchases
                        no I need cash for gas
                        use your change at the gas station
                        they wont accept it
                        too bad we accept change from our customers you should complain to them about it
                        I need to remember to use that some day.

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
                          I do like it when I have a few fifties in my drawer, because they almost always want something smaller... "Can't you give me anything smaller?" "uh, no".
                          I do that too I figure I am quite petty but it give me glee to hand them the 50 you can see their little lips go down into a frown

Comment

I bet you feel like hurling a bricky-mart.

Comment

I once had two customers in a row give me big bills, they were the first customers of the day to

one gave me two fifties (on a 100 float)
                              the next one gave me $100 bill

THEN when I handed her a 50 as part of her change she went beserk I DONT WANT THAT!!!!!!!

I told her it was the fifty or she could pay with plastic.... she choose the fifty but she acted as if I was the jackarse... um dont come into a store 3 minutes after they open and expect them to change a hundy for you!
                              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
                              X