Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My personal life sucks, I deserve special treatment!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My personal life sucks, I deserve special treatment!

I had yet ANOTHER customer use their personal life as a way to get what they want. She states that her personal life is hell right now and is mad at US for interrupting her service despite the fact she is 60 DAYS PAST DUE. She gives the usual pity act with me which I didn't buy, BTW so she then asks for a supervisor. She even threatens that she will go to another company (wow, YOU don't pay your bills and you want to go to another company and practically do the same to them? )

She even says how she was a loyal customer . Wow, a loyal customer who has been 27 times past due.

I may be a bitch but I don't care about your personal life. I deal with 1,000 customers a month, why should I fall for your little sob story?

BTW, might I also add that I do NOT appreciate people using a family member's death as a way to get what they want. There are more important things to worry about than the stupid cable being shut off.
    Last edited by MoonChild2007; 10-15-2008, 08:56 PM.

"If you don't give me what I want I'm going go to another company and not pay them! THEN you'll be sorry!!!"
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      "If you don't give me what I want I'm going go to another company and not pay them! THEN you'll be sorry!!!"
      We won't be sorry when you leave, just hope the door doesn't hit you on your ass on the way out.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Oh I heard it all at the call center:

- You should turn my phone back on because my mother/father/son/daughter/etc just died or is in the hospital and there are people I really need to talk to. (also from someone chronically past due)

- You should turn my phone back on because I am a Cop/Lawyer/Ceo, etc.

- You should turn my phone back on because my friend/son/3rd cousin is a Cop/Lawyer/Ceo, etc.

- You should turn my phone back on because I just lost my job and deserve some sympathy

- You should turn my phone back on because I just found out how I had cancer

- You should turn my phone back on because I'm black (yes I got that once, apparently dude felt that since his people were always "being held back" I should do him a favor)

- You should turn my phone back on because my dog/cat/fish/turtle just died/is dying/is at vets for an operation

- You should turn my phone back on because I just surivived a car wreck

- You should turn my phone back on because I'm pregnant (I got this one a lot)

- You should turn my phone back on because you want to do something nice for someone (sorry, I don't get paid to be nice)

- You should turn my phone back on because I just got out of jail

- You should turn my phone back on because the cops are after me (yes I DID get this once)

Yeah I got a lot of sob stories.
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Every other customer asks for some kind of discount and for some seriously asinine reasons.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Geez, you know what? I'm having trouble making ends meet, and my phone/satellite tv/internet bill is the one giving me the most trouble... so guess what I did? I called the phone company and had my sattelite TV and voicemail service turned off!!!! Golly gee whiz, I'm taking responsibility for my own actions, and I'm taking care of my own consumption!!! What a concept!!!! Yeesh.

Now granted, the phone company tried to convince me to keep those services by offering me a rebate on the satellite tv, but they were more than happy to disconnect the service when I told them I really needed to cancel it, and explained to them why it wasn't worth my while to continue the service, even at a rebated rate (We're never home, we use ONE channel out of the 250 available to us, and even at a rebate, and I can't afford it anymore). They're even willing to buy back the receiver (since I bought it, and didn't rent it) for $40
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Ah... but have any of you had.."Where's your humanity?"

Nope??

Well, I have...

Un..f... believable!
              When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Tollbaby, THANK YOU for being a mature RESPONSIBLE adult when things are getting rough. If more people were like you, things would actually be easier for us all. Good luck.

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
                  Tollbaby, THANK YOU for being a mature RESPONSIBLE adult when things are getting rough. If more people were like you, things would actually be easier for us all. Good luck.
                  If more people were like her, we'd only need half as many CSRs, and many of us wouldn't have jobs.

It's unfortunate but true that the very things we bitch about are what give us what tiny bit of job security we have.
                  "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                    Oh I heard it all at the call center:

- You should turn my phone back on because my mother/father/son/daughter/etc just died or is in the hospital and there are people I really need to talk to. (also from someone chronically past due)

- You should turn my phone back on because I am a Cop/Lawyer/Ceo, etc.

- You should turn my phone back on because my friend/son/3rd cousin is a Cop/Lawyer/Ceo, etc.

- You should turn my phone back on because I just lost my job and deserve some sympathy

- You should turn my phone back on because I just found out how I had cancer

- You should turn my phone back on because I'm black (yes I got that once, apparently dude felt that since his people were always "being held back" I should do him a favor)

- You should turn my phone back on because my dog/cat/fish/turtle just died/is dying/is at vets for an operation

- You should turn my phone back on because I just surivived a car wreck

- You should turn my phone back on because I'm pregnant (I got this one a lot)

- You should turn my phone back on because you want to do something nice for someone (sorry, I don't get paid to be nice)

- You should turn my phone back on because I just got out of jail

- You should turn my phone back on because the cops are after me (yes I DID get this once)

Yeah I got a lot of sob stories.
                    I would guess 99.9% of the excuses CSR's hear are probably pure B.S..

I will admit that when my mom was in ICU at the hospital, paying my cell bill totally slipped my mind & my carrier shut me off. I realized I wouldn't have the money to pay them so I could have my service restored right away (4 days til payday). So I called & explained what was going on & why I was asking for a temporary restoration of services. I explained when I could pay them & that my bill would be paid in full. I was embarrassed to ask but they did help me out during a terrible time in my life. I can still never thank them enough for the kindness they showed me/

Comment

I also am having trouble paying my bills as of a few months ago. I have a contract on both the internet and my cell phone. No cable or home phone. So the internet had to go, I turned it on vacation for $3 a month, until the contract runs out in a few months or I have the money for it again. And I went down to the lowest cell phone plan and don't talk on the phone much. Daytime minutes are reserved for anything important and then I can talk to my friend in the evening or weekends.

Comment

Too bad some people don't do the smart thing and find out ways THEMSELVES to lower the bill instead of using lame excuse after another.

Comment

Most of the "sob story" pleads I heard were AFTER I'd shot someone down on an extension because they had a checkered payment history.
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I absolutely love the customers who say "I shouldn't have been turned off because I was in the hospital/at a funeral/got fired/whatever." They aren't even complaining about what they have to do get it turned back on... they're just complaining about the fact that it was turned off. It's so incredibly self-centered; how would our automated system know their life's circumstances? Do they think we scan hospitals' and funerals' and geneologists' records before suspending someone's box? Ugg!
                            Last edited by Anriana; 10-18-2008, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Reminds me of a conversation I had at work.

"I'm sorry F, I cannot give you a raise. The owner said 'we're not busy enough, and there's no money' I haven't got a raise in 2 years myself dude."

"Boy I wish I could tell the gas company that and have them give a damn"

Comment

Working...
                              X