X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO IT HASN'T!!!!11!!!!!

We open at 8AM.

At 7:30AM, I was up at the front going through my opening checklist when I happened to look outside and saw a customer pull up.

Now, even if I could have let him in early (and I couldn't; the registers were still closed down), there was no way in hell I would have because the store was in a shambles. We're still in the midst of our remodel and the night crew was still working to put the Copy Center back together so we could conduct business during the day. The whole front of the store was a disaster area and it just would not be safe to let a customer in.

Unfortunately, while I'd normally just ignore any ignoramus who attempted to come in while we were closed, this time I couldn't because the doors were open while the night crew guys were removing their stuff from the building. One of them even attempted to wave this guy off and tell him we were closed, but he ignored them, parked, and strode purposely towards the building.

Me (standing in the doorway): We don't open until 8AM, sir.

SC: Is that just you guys or is it company-wide?!

Me: Company-wide, sir.

SC: And how long has that been the case?!?!

Me: Several months. (We used to open at 7AM)

SC: IT HAS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11eleventy!!!!!!!!!!

Me: Yes it has, sir. In any event, we are not open and I can not let you in until 8AM.

Opening Manager (having come up without me noticing him; cheerfully): Hi! We aren't open!

I decided to go back in at this point, since the MOD had it under control and I still had work to do.

MOD (upon coming back in): What an asshole.

Honestly, who gives a shit when the hours changed? The fact remains that they DID change, and we are NOT open until 8AM. Deal with it!!!
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

haha

I love watching people's expessions and they're puppy dog faces when I have closed my store and they want in b/c "they know exactly what they want and will only be 5 seconds" makes me giggle every time.

Comment

yeah, time changes are always a beast to deal with. We put up a sign at least a month in advance alerting customers that we'd be closing an hour early from now on. Did anyone pay attention? nooooooooooo...
      First night we close at 10pm, you'd have thought we had murdered several puppies or something the way people were screaming at us.
      and over a year later, it's still catching people off guard.

Comment

And then you get the people like me who really haven't been to a video rental place in over a year. (or a Staples)

...Sure I'd grumble about it, but not at the employees.
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth videodrone View Post
          First night we close at 10pm, you'd have thought we had murdered several puppies or something the way people were screaming at us.
          and over a year later, it's still catching people off guard.
          YOU MURDERED PUPPIES???!?!?!?!?!?!/!??!/1/11/1111!!!!!???!!!!!!
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
            We open at 8AM.
            A lot of stores open at 9am, and back in the day, the mall my old store was placed in didn't open until 10am. He should be kissing your feet for opening that early at all! Er, not that you'd want him to, just saying.
            "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Deja Vu

Deja Vu? I had to wonder this morning if I was in some sort of time loop.

7:20 AM, once again the night crew was bustling in and out putting their stuff away when this guy waltzes in. It was a different guy, and this time I didn't notice until he was in the door.

Me: Sir! Sorry, but we're not open. We don't open until 8AM.

From the look he gave me, you'd think I'd just uttered something profoundly insulting.

SC: When did this take place?

Is this yesterday?

Me: Several months ago, sir.

SC: Oh, come now. I was here less than a month ago and I got in at 7AM!

Me: With all due respect sir, no you didn't.

Yes, I actually said that. One of my co-workers heard me say it and nearly peed her pants trying to suppress her laughter.

He left, then came back at about 8:10AM.

I'm opening again tomorrow. We open at 9AM on Saturday. Who wants to bet that I'll have one of these two nitwits come back at 8AM and try to say I told them we opened at 8?
              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
              X