Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The guy who did nothing and wanted everything...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The guy who did nothing and wanted everything...

Okay so the title is a bit off but I thought it looked kinda...cute. And yes I am feeling a bit better from when I posted my withdraw back to lurking.

Onto today...

Now as a lot of you know I am a letter carrier, one of the few who like doing their job and do our best to make sure mail is getting to where it needs to be in the least amount of time.

The weather today was a bit cool only in the low 60's at the highest and mostly in the high 50's before noon. We carriers are supposed to leave the office before 10 so we sometimes get out when it's still quite chilly. Today my mail volume was a bit light so I got out of the office around 9:20 and started the route at just around 9:45. So I wore my sweater and planned to take it off after the sun was up a bit higher. Makes sense right?

Well on my first loop (park the truck and walk from box to box in a circular fashion till one gets back to the truck) it just had to happen. Crossing the street from one business to another I stepped down wrong on a part of the pavement that has cracked and went down hard onto the ground. Thankfully not loosing even one piece of mail.

I can hear a guy comment that 'that had to of hurt' but no one made their way over to where I was. I start to push myself up and immediately fall back down with stars in my eyes. My elbow was killing me and I was faintly aware that it felt wet. Pushing myself back up I managed to stand up (still without loosing a piece of mail). One of the guys in there little group slowly ambled over and I started to walk towards my next address.

I recongised the guy coming towards me as the store owner so I thought MAYBE he was going to ask if I was okay. Nope...his exact words, "So can I have my mail now?" With his croonies cackling behind him. With me being pale from the pain of hitting my elbow and not wanting to barf I just mutely handed it over and glowered.

I did make it back to the truck before gingerly feeling my elbow throwing my sweater. I pulled back wet fingers with a couple wet leaves so I figured the wet I felt was just the wet leaves. Wanting to take off my sweater and make sure I managed not to till I got back to the office. There a senior carrier helped me strip off the sleeve.

I made a manager go pale and have to hold onto his chair. Seems he doesn't like blood. So now I have a very painful elbow that is covered with antibiotic stuff I had in my pack and I want sugar that I can't have.

A bonus however is that my sweater only needed a good wash and it doesn't look worse for the wear.
    Last edited by Broomjockey; 10-17-2008, 06:21 PM.

What an insensitive prick People like that make me want to hurt them badly.

Hope your elbow feels better soon
    I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

Just Wow..

I remember the post where you got hit by the car...and now this.

Hope you feel better.

Comment

I know...I'm a klutz lately. I went almost a year without anything major happening and now this in the past couple months. Hopefully this is it and I'll be good till the end of the year.

Next year however is all up for grabs.

Comment

Uh.. The cackling moron.. He OWN the store?? Methinks contacting a lawyer and getting some compensation for HIS CRACKED PAVEMENT causing you inury might shut him up!

Comment

Cackling moron is just one of the guys who wanders about around the store till it opens. And the pavement I tripped on was the street so really it would be the city.

I think he was just cackling because of the way the guy asked for the mail not for the fact that I fell.

Comment

Ouch! *hugs and gives hot chocolate*
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

*Snuggles and puppy kisses*

I hope you feel better soon.
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I promise had it been me, I would have taken you inside for soap and water and whatever 1st aid items I had.

SOme people!

Comment

HAd to put on a new bandaid today while on the route and this one guy was coming out to a car that I hadn't seen before. When he saw the skinned elbow he meandered on over and poked my shoulder.

Me: Yes?
                    Him: My Mom's here...want her to look at that?
                    Me: *blinking* Um....what?
                    Him: She's a assistant...in a office.
                    Me: O.o Ummmm okay....
                    Him: I'll go get her. Stay here.

Now this is a young college student, I'm guessing first year completely or just first year at a big university. So I wait and here he comes back with a confused looking lady.

Him: See, her elbow is all messed up.
                    Her: Oh, okay.

So she looked at it nodded to the salve I was using and assisted in getting the bandaid on right. It was...unusual to say the least.

Comment

Wow, what dbags. Feel better.
                      whohatesshrimp?

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                        Him: She's a assistant...in a office.
                        If he'd said 'nurse', 'doctor' or 'first aider' I wouldn't have been too shocked.

But an an office assistant...?
                        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

What an ass. Hope you're feeling better . *hands some brownies*
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                            If he'd said 'nurse', 'doctor' or 'first aider' I wouldn't have been too shocked.

But an an office assistant...?
                            She's a office assistant in a doctors office. So has some training... Sorry forgot to make that clearer.

I just think he thought "Mom can fix this." Cause he's out on his own for the first time and Mom can save the day. It's cute it really was.

Comment

Workman's Comp. Get it checked out by a doctor, and get x-rays! Seriously! DH was a mail carrier for 5+ years until they offered him medical retirement. He stepped off a curb wrong and screwed up his back and hip. He didn't fall; he just stepped wrong.
                              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X