This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actual emails!

Here are two actual emails that I got today! Both were trying to sell online game accounts (violates license agreements and tons of fraud, so they aren't allowed on eBay).

All potentially identifying information has been removed to protect the guilty.

Email #1
    Dear ebay, you are ignorant and very unintalligent, please read my email before sending me an auto response. i was not selling a game character/account/points ... or anything similar to this i was selling an ebook... an informational guide on "how to get started" whcih includes no spoliers/hacking or anything illigal
    "Ebay" is not a free to use site and you do not have the power to wrongfully take an action like this in the U.S.
    I will take any ligal action i can against this matter.

Wow... I'm so "unintalligent" that I couldn't see right through his so called "guide". Please, feel free to take whatever "ligal" action you want. I look forward to testifying in court as to what a dumbass you are.

Email #2
    It is not a copyright violation. I search on ebay and find several accounts for sale. It is an individual online account that was created by myself in which I spent my own money for. Copyright violation of this game would be the sale of its software such the flash or website design or images and such. Sales of onlines accounts are not considered copyright. If my item was in vioation, why arent the other 20 listings removed? If someone flagged my listing as a violation, then they was wrong severly and I fully EXPECT they are punished.

I don't care if it's technically a copyrght violation or not, it's against policy. Oh, and those other 20 accounts you mentioned? Yeah, I ended those at the same time I took your's down. Let's see... how should I punish myself? I know! By suspending your account! That'll learn me!

These were pretty tame actually, but we all had a good laugh at their spelling, grammar and threats. (The good ones get shared amongst the whole team. )

at work we recieved this email on a private "que" email (an email that a group has access to)

"I would like be shipping with you, you must give me details! Thank you!"

we dont know how in the hell someone even FOUND that email address, it was set up for in company use only and as it was an office support que! To make it even funnier we had over 80 people in bookings and 40 in sales and all of their emails are ALL OVER the webiste and phone book!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

If you're going to use big words, you should learn how to spell them.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Or at LEAST use spell check.
        Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Quoth Nayeli_Sabia View Post
          Or at LEAST use spell check.
          Spell check is not your fiend.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Did I mistype something? At least I try, I guess. ADD and Dyslexia are the bane of my existence.
            Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post

OP-wise, are these foreign accounts? Or is this just the state of English 101 now?
              "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth Nayeli_Sabia View Post
                Did I mistype something? At least I try, I guess. ADD and Dyslexia are the bane of my existence.
                She was teasing you. If you look again, she said "fiend" instead of "friend." She was pointing out the whole "it can miss words that are spelled correctly, but misused. The insufferable tease
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I'm fond of pointing out that I went to the worst high school in town, graduated in the bottom third, and still read and write better than the majority of the people I meet, especially on the internet.
                  Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth Darkwish View Post
                    Sales of onlines accounts are not considered copyright. If my item was in vioation, why arent the other 20 listings removed? If someone flagged my listing as a violation, then they was wrong severly and I fully EXPECT they are punished.

I don't know if this is a violation of Ebay's TOS and it may not be a copyright violation, but I do know most online game sites consider it a violation of their TOS and will kill accounts they listed on Ebay. Some will suspend accounts selling high value pixels (such as gold or other game items), I understand why Ebay would kill those listings. More problems than they are worth. By the time the auction is over the virtual product may no longer be available.
                    Last edited by tamezin; 10-17-2008, 04:41 PM.
                    Tamezin

Comment

Both were trying to sell online game accounts
                      LOL.

I use to play everquest ... and yeah that was one of the big rules in the game. I think sony changed it so you can sell accounts now, but you have to do it through them or something like that... i dunno exactly, i stopped playing back in 04.

but i do remember some people also tried saying, "i'm not selling the item... I'm selling the time I took to get it."
                      Yeah right.... if there was no item, there'd be no sale. haha

Comment

Sony actually took the route of if you can't beat the gold sellers then join them and under cut them.

I really don't know if they are selling cheaper than the gold sellers, but I do know Sony looked at how lucrative it is and pretty well said hell, if people are willing to pay money for this why not make it not against the TOS as long as you buy it from us.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                          I lick to use speil chequer, it marks my wok essay to reed. I well never tip without it against.

That made my head hurt typing that!
                          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                            Sony actually took the route of if you can't beat the gold sellers then join them and under cut them.
                            There's specific servers for the "Exchange" service. It's still a TOS violation if it happens outside the specified servers.

And my position on it is people who do that need to have their net access revoked. Forget clogging up profitable spawns, cheapening the effort others put in, etc. My problem is noobs buy high level accounts, and then you assume that someone with a high level account knows wtf they're doing, and the noob gets the whole group wiped because they have no idea what "agro" means, and why it's bad.
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

figures.
                              and yeah, i remember being trained by kids playing their daddy's characters. so dad might know how to fight a mob but junior was clueless.
                              (tho as a side joke i once considered asking for a last name of Agro`Magnet for my shaman)

sometimes i miss it but ... i'd rather just stick to my free online games (like the mud i still play). tho i doubt there's anyone selling any Ancient Anguish accounts... heh.

Comment

Working...
                              X