This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr *mumble*

This post was two days in the making, so it's long. It started yesterday morning.
    10 am
    Me: Good morning, XYZ lock & key, How can I help you?
    SC: *mumble, mumble* 12 *mumble, mumble* Street. When can you come?
    Me: Pardon me, could you repeat that?
    SC: WHAT??
    Me: Could you repeat that?
    SC: WHAT??? SPEAK UP!!
    Me: I DID NOT HEAR YOUR FIRST SENTENCE!
    SC: *mumble* key made! 12 *mumble* street.
    Me: YOU NEED A KEY MADE?
    SC: WHAT?
    Me: WHAT KIND OF KEY DO YOU NEED MADE?
    SC: *mumble* car
    Me: What kind of car? Year, make and model, please.
    Me: WHAT KIND OF CAR?
    SC: *mumble, mumble* car, How much?
    Me: WHAT KIND OF CAR?
    SC: Chrysler, *mumble, mumble* Street
    Me: I NEED THE YEAR AND MODEL PLEASE!
    SC: A Chrysler *mumble*
    Me: CHRYSLER, WHAT?
    SC: Chrysler!
    Me What year and model of Chrysler?
    SC: Chrysler!
    Me: I NEED TO KNOW THE YEAR AND MODEL, BEFORE I CAN GIVE YOU A PRICE OR SHEDULE IT!
    Me: WHAT YEAR??
    SC: I don't know *mumble*
    Me: Please find out the year and model before you call back to shedule KTXBYE *click*

12:30pm
    Me: *greeting spiel*
    Me *greeting spiel louder*
    SC: *mumble, mumble* 89.
    Me: IS THIS IN REFERENCE TO THE CHRYSLER YOU'VE CALLED ABOUT EARLIER?
    SC: *mumble* 89
    Me: So it's a '89 Chrysler?
    SC: *mumble* 89
    Me: '89 CHRYSLER WHAT??
    Me: 89 CHRYSLER WHAT??
    SC: *mumble, mumble* I don't know
    Me: PLEASE CALL ME BACK WHEN YOU FIND THE MODEL *click*

3:30 pm

He called back one more time. It's a Le Baron. I shedule a service call for today between 3 and 5pm.
    Service guy gets there. He's not there. Just his wife. She says to come back when her husband is there. Service guy tells her he's leaving and to call the office if she has any questions. Then calls me in a panic and all pissed off.

Turns out the wife is http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=34011
    Service guy told me he will NOT go back there. Since service guy is also the boss, I guess they've been banned.

So far I haven't heard from either of them.

Sounds like those two need a caregiver or something.
    "Thank God for the idiots: but for them, the rest of us could not succeed." ~Mark Twain

Comment

They have an 89 Lebaron and it runs? OMG

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
        I have a '90 Dodge Ram pickup that runs quite nicely. The last time I took it to the shop, they gave me a laundry list of repairs that amount to more than the vehicle is worth.

As for the mumbler, I get one or two per month. No one who itemized, yet.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Yeah, it's a convertible. It used to belong to John Voigt.

Last edited by DevilBoy; 10-23-2008, 05:26 PM.
          "It's not easy being evil in a world that's gone to Hell" ~ Anton LaVey

Comment

Sometimes "what it would sell for" and "what it's worth" aren't the same thing. You can buy an old Volvo for £100 (or occasionally even £1) - and it'll run safely and be very useful.

Then occasionally it needs parts - being 20 years old, *everything* wears out eventually. But give it the parts and the maintenance, and it'll probably keep going for another 20 years, costing less to keep running than the payments on a new car.

Of course, an old Volvo isn't the most efficient of cars, having almost 2 tons of steel, a big old engine and a brick-like approach to aerodynamics - so you do have to factor that in. Even so, 27mpg (Imperial) is not shockingly bad when compared to typical SUVs.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
              Sometimes "what it would sell for" and "what it's worth" aren't the same thing. You can buy an old Volvo for £100 (or occasionally even £1) - and it'll run safely and be very useful.

Then occasionally it needs parts - being 20 years old, *everything* wears out eventually. But give it the parts and the maintenance, and it'll probably keep going for another 20 years, costing less to keep running than the payments on a new car.

Of course, an old Volvo isn't the most efficient of cars, having almost 2 tons of steel, a big old engine and a brick-like approach to aerodynamics - so you do have to factor that in. Even so, 27mpg (Imperial) is not shockingly bad when compared to typical SUVs.
              For years I had a 1979 International Harvester Scout II. Largest v-8 they made for it, and I adored it. 91988 through 2004]

It cost me about $200 a year to insure, and could accelerate up an entrance ramp and get ahead of a car already up to highway speed [did it more than once to the amazement of the drivers of said cars.]

My little beastie also got 22-26 miles per american gallon, which was substantially better than 90% of all new SUVs out there. Gasoline, not diesel. Nonwdays most cars seem to get in that range.

Only reason it is not still on the road is mrAccountingDrone hit black ice and went through a stacked stone wall, over a 2 inch oak sapling and thrashed out the radiator, and bent part of the frame and destroyed the oil pan. He drove it home. It would have cost us the amount to buy a replacement scout to repair the damages so we sold it to another scout owner for the multitude of good parts still on it.

/me wipes off a tear

I miss my scout. most dependable vehicle I have ever owned.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Oh you mean Angela?

Heh... I think we know where her PAPERS are now... sounds like the hubby is eating them...

Comment

Quoth DevilBoy View Post

Okay, just to explain for those who might not have understood the joke:

The Mom & Pop Store
                  "It's not easy being evil in a world that's gone to Hell" ~ Anton LaVey

Comment

Working...
                  X