This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's Not a Dertberger!

(Cookies for the reference in the title)
    I worked today, and the manager who was going to be clocking in to cover when I came in came barreling into the backroom at one point, to tell us, "Cameron Diaz is coming into the store."
    I went, "Buh?" and said, "I didn't know Cameron Diaz lives in Texas..."
    Manager wanders off, and comes back a little later to repeat the announcement to those of us hidden away in the backroom. I repeat myself.
    Manager wanders off again. Comes back a third time, "...'Cameron Diaz' came in for her Hannah Montana wig, and looked nothing like Cameron Diaz."
    Yeah, that's what I was expecting.
    "I call murder on that!"

kinda like how i once met Michael Jackson... only he looked more like Dustin Hoffman?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      kinda like how i once met Michael Jackson...
      hey, Michael Jackson was my high school ROTC instructor (probably a different Michael Jackson though :lol )

oh and isn't the thread title a reference to how Closoue (sp?) says Hamburger in the new Pink Panther movie?
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        oh and isn't the thread title a reference to how Closoue (sp?) says Hamburger in the new Pink Panther movie?
        Haven't seen the new Pink Panther, so, no...
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          Haven't seen the new Pink Panther, so, no...
          oh

well, I tried
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
            oh

well, I tried
            It's okay. Good attempt.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Back when I was a grocery store cake decorator, one of my fellow bakery employees was a Douglas Adams.
              Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

I had a drama teacher named Jim West, (wild wild west for those who don't know.)

Comment

I worked with a Julia Roberts for about 5 years. Get a few looks when she's listed on my applications as my supervisor.

Comment

I had a manager at Target named Kurt Russel.

Comment

My mom used to work for Steve Martin.
                      Quoth Icelator View Post
                      I had a drama teacher named Jim West, (wild wild west for those who don't know.)
                      Also Weird Al Yankovic's guitarist.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

And I work with Dean Smith (former coach for the UNC-CH Tarheels basketball team for decades. The DeanDome is named for him.)

And I knew a wine rep by the name of Chuck Jones (former Looney Toons animator.)

And I live right across the street from Richard Thomas - he just doesn't look anything like John-Boy from The Waltons, though.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I work with Carlos Santana.
                          Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I have met several John Kennedys, a Gerald Ford, and a Sam Adams, among other "names" that I know I have met but just can't remember.

I worked with a girl once who looked JUST like Meg Ryan.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

I beat you all...you all worked with 'real' people. I once worked with Betty Rubble whose husband (before they met) was known as Barney.

Comment

Working...
                              X