This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its not allowed

Guest: Dave, we would like to check on some properties where we can have a wedding

Me: you want to have the wedding at the property?

Guest: yes

Me: weddings are prohibited at our rental properties

Guest: so the answer is no?

Me: yes ma'am

Guest: well can you call owners to see if a special excpetion can be made?

Me: we dont do that

Guest: we rent with you all the time....I would think that entitles us to some special consideration. I insist that you allow us to have a wedding at the property.

Me: we dont do that, ma'am

Guest: thats unacceptable, Dave....as much money as I have spent there, I shouldnt hear the word no from you....I should be hearing that I can absolutely have my wedding there.

Me: we dont allow weddings at the properties, I am sorry

Guest: well let me tell you something, I am having my daughter's wedding at one of your rental properties whether you like it or not

Me: ok and we will make you leave if you do

Guest: we'll see about that....where is your manager? Get him on the phone right now

She told my manager that I cussed at her and hurt her feelings....what the stupid bitch didnt realize was that my manager was sitting next to me and heard the entire conversation

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
    She told my manager that I cussed at her and hurt her feelings....what the stupid bitch didnt realize was that my manager was sitting next to me and heard the entire conversation
    I love it when that happens. Puts a bit of warmth in my heart

Comment

Guest: thats unacceptable, Dave....as much money as I have spent there, I shouldnt hear the word no from you....I should be hearing that I can absolutely have my wedding there.
      I imagine this being said in a HAL9000-esque vocal tone.
      Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

I swear I've heard how this one ends before. Make sure to have the place watched in case they figure on having a wedding there anyway.

Comment

Methinks they will do as the family in another one of VRS's stories did and try to have the wedding anyway, and get kicked off the property, and kick up a hellacious fuss, and I'll wish for them to be hit by a bus, and sadly that will not happen.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Ah yes, break the rules for me because i am a loyal customer, and I will do what i want regardless of any rules because they don't apply to me. Then I'll lie to management. And be pawned.

Comment

Hmmmmm.... Here's an idea, HAVE THE WEDDING SOME F##KING PLACE ELSE!!!

Ya cloth eared git.
              "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Hey. that's a plan- can you get a recorded testimony from that other ruined wedding family? You could play it for future idiots. Maybe even this one.

Comment

Quoth TheComputerError View Post
                  I imagine this being said in a HAL9000-esque vocal tone.
                  Oh my god, you too?
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

If your system allows it, I hope you placed a note in the customer's file that they were inquiring about weddings on the property. Might be able to avoid a replay of the last one by making it crystal clear if they make the reservation that the wedding/reception would be stopped and they would be immediately ejected without a refund. Reading that previous one made my blood boil.

Comment

I always figured that 'loyal' customers would know the terms of the place where they spend 'so much money'....curious that. Idiots. I'd echo the having them watched stuff, although hopefully you've got through to them that you're not bending to their needs.

Comment

What scares me is that you do not say how your manager responded even though s/he heard everything.

You earlier described a spineless manager who gives into everything a customer demands regardless of what the rules might say. PLEASE tell us that one was not the one sitting next to you who then gave a full apology to this woman and scheduled the wedding with a free night and complimentary string quartet thrown in for her "troubles" in having to speak with you.
                        "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                        .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Sounds to me like this "lady" pooped and didn't do too good of a job wiping her butt.

And, in the end, the only person that ended up with shit all over them was herself.

Perhaps her fiancé will have the unpleasant task of wiping after her.

Comment

well, vsr already posted once about them shutting a wedding down.... so it's not like the manager's usual thing about caving in to discount requests....

this one is a policy i think they have to enforce, cos ... the owners might not care if the manager takes a loss from discounts cos it won't affect *their income*... but they would care if a wedding party trashed the property, when it was in the contract that "weddings are not allowed"

Comment

Quoth Moggie View Post
                              I swear I've heard how this one ends before. Make sure to have the place watched in case they figure on having a wedding there anyway.
                              Hee! I actually scrolled back up and checked the date to make sure this wasn't an old post that got dredged up!
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X