This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else get them on Sunday?

Just wondering, cos in the first 2 hours of my shift, I had 3 tossers...

2 wanted to pay for something that needed paying more than a day ago (sorry, but there's the policy - don't like, tough!). Including one who wanted my name and number, so he could speak to the supervisor (sorry - not at that hour of the weekend night!). Besides, as I told him (and don't we all know this one), supervisor is going to tell you the exact... same.... thing!

Last loser I had in that 2 hour period... she wants to close an account. Unfortunately, it's not her account, and as per legalities (pesky annoying things, those), the only person who can (get this bit) legally close the account is the actual account owner!

So - she wants me to get someone from our department (remember, this is Sunday night - about midnight!) to ring her to organise the account closure... even after I tell her the request must come from the account holder himself... in the end, she says she's wasting too much money on her mobile (what - at midnight on Sunday) for this, and hangs up....

Just in case my life wasn't already taxed enough, I got stupidsville tonight. Payment is going quite smoothly - until it comes to the credit card expiry date (sort of important, as I'm sure you all know if you want to pay for something...). Her card broke a few days ago, so she's reading the card number off her statement. Oh, the expiry date on the card doesn't appear to be there (No!! Really?????). Can't I just do the payment without it? (like - everyhere else does...) No? What sort of a system is it that doesn't do credit card payments without a expiry date? Things are just too difficult! <click>

So... anyone else with this sort of hassle over the last couple of days? And it's not even full moon yet.....
    When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

I had to look up "tossers." I thought it meant homosexual, but I see here it only means "wankers."

In that case, I get "tossers" all the time.

Comment

slyt... a theory I have about people who call on Sunday... Sunday is nice because the only people who call are people who suck, so it will be slow... Sunday sucks though because the few calls you are getting are from people who suck

eta- can I help your a$$, I think the term you were thinking of is "pitcher" ... I could be wrong though
      Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 11-10-2008, 04:48 PM.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

eta- can I help your a$$, I think the term you were thinking of is "pitcher" ... I could be wrong though
        ??? confused.....

(oh... now I feel really silly.... when you replied there, I thought you were directing it to me... saying you can help my a$$... d'oh! )

eta (which apparently doesn't mean 'estimated time of arrival'.... go figure! had to look it up).... akshilly... Sunday night is really crap! Often the worst night I work. Lot's of calls!! I put it down to ppl watching tv, movie finishes, and the sudden thought of "Oh, I've got to do that before I go to work tomorrow, I'll just ring now and fix it before I go to bed".
        Last edited by Slytovhand; 11-10-2008, 05:12 PM.
        When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
          I had to look up "tossers." I thought it meant homosexual, but I see here it only means "wankers."

In that case, I get "tossers" all the time.
          We used to have a saying for them where I used to work some years ago.

It was that when they first experienced sex they were on their own at the time!!!!
          Robert
          Peterborough Cambridgeshire

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
            ??? confused.....

(oh... now I feel really silly.... when you replied there, I thought you were directing it to me... saying you can help my a$$... d'oh! )

and my mind is once again back to the gutter
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              and my mind is once again back to the gutter
              If you're like the rest of us around here, that won't take much at all.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

While searching on a site for british slang, I learned a lot, not just words for "gay."

Comment

Our worst Sunday customers are the ones that don't seem to understand it is Sunday.

They expect management to be there,
                  they expect out big warehouse to be open,
                  they expect us to be able to call other companies and order things
                  and then they ask "why are you open if you can't help me?"

A question I have been asking since I started working there.
                  "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Sundays for strange ones, sorry to hear you had such a bad one.
                    It's not a full moon yet but Christmas is coming

Yeah I get them on Sunday too.
                    The best one this week was spending a good fifteen minutes explaining a womans bill to her at the till.
                    Nothing complicated just plus and minuses, the woman wouldn't beleive me or leave it alone until I finally got a caluculator out and showed her repeatedly that yes the bill was and is correct, plus that number take away X equals Y and yes you need to pay it today or face the wrath of the interest.

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
                    While searching on a site for british slang, I learned a lot, not just words for "gay."
                    You don't have tosser over there , but it's such a fun word Enjoy the slang but if you want to use them over here just a warning some of them are region speciifc.
                    Please excuse me , I need to wander round the corner to scream now, before my head explodes.

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
                      Just wondering, cos in the first 2 hours of my shift, I had 3 tossers...
                      Slyt,

I get them *every* day, I went to on job because kids were playing football (soccer). In the park.

My next was a neighbour dispute over a satellite dish.

Then there's all the shit I have to deal with over parking...
                      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth going gaga View Post
                        You don't have tosser over there , but it's such a fun word Enjoy the slang but if you want to use them over here just a warning some of them are region speciifc.
                        Canonical example of that is "Can I bum a fag?"

UK: means "Can I 'borrow' a cigarette?"

US: means "Can I sodomise a homosexual?"

So you do need to be sure which audience you're speaking to!

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                          Canonical example of that is "Can I bum a fag?"

UK: means "Can I 'borrow' a cigarette?"

US: means "Can I sodomise a homosexual?"

So you do need to be sure which audience you're speaking to!
                          Sort of,
                          I was actually referring to the different places in the uk.Different regions have different slang words in fashion and everyday use. Up at home I use the phrase any road, when I've gone down south I've never really heard it. I use the word bonny as meaning pretty or canny and I knew someone to whom it meant fat (I really don't know why).
                          That websites fun I've never really known cockney slang,I'm now tempted to use it at work out of mischief just to see how many raised eyebrows I get.

Really sorry for the thread jack. I'll hush up now.
                          Please excuse me , I need to wander round the corner to scream now, before my head explodes.

Comment

Working...
                          X