Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it's my fault you haven't called in 10 years?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's my fault you haven't called in 10 years?

i am The Admin for an insurance & investment company that did not eat shit during the recent financial crisis. i'm the only warm body in this office 99.999% of the time & the only person answering the phones. if you call, you speak to me. (much to the chagrin of people who don’t like the answer i give and call back to talk to someone else. but i digress…) this is the sort of phone call I get 3 or 4 times a day now that people are crawling out from under their rocks & realizing the economy sucks.

ME: *opening spiel*
    SC: i need to speak with my rep.
    ME: do you have their name?
    SC: no i DON'T. it's been 10 years since i've spoken with anyone there & i don't know who my rep is anymore because i originally set up this account with Company A & now you're Company B & i've been calling all these numbers for a month now trying to find out who my rep is.
    ME: {calling what numbers? i have one number & as your name isn’t on my “find & mutilate list” you can be assured that we haven’t spoken before.} ok sir. i can look up your account & and find out who's currently servicing it. i will need the correct spellings of your full first & last names, your full account number with any sub- or prefixes & either your social security number or date of birth, please.
    SC: i'm not real comfortable giving that information out on the phone & i'm tired of calling all these numbers & getting the run around & i really don't like giving that information out over the phone.
    ME: {dude, you called me. i'm not some scam artist calling your house fishing for info. and while we’re at it: my reps have thousands of clients. they cover entire school districts. they don't have time to call their entire book of business just to check in. they pretty much assume no news is good news, mkay?} i do apologize, sir, but i need that information not only to look up your account but the verify your identity.
    SC: fine. i can't believe i have to go through all of this. it's not my fault you haven’t called me in 10 years. *gives name, account number & DOB*
    ME: { i search & get nothing. shit.} i'm sorry, sir. i'm not able to locate that account number. let me verify your information *verify info* i can try to locate your account using your social security number.
    SC: i already told you i'm not comfortable giving that information out over the phone & i’m tired of getting the run around from people & i think it's horrible customer service that YOU haven’t called ME in 10 years & when i got this account it was Company A & now you're Company B & i don't see why you can't find my account just using my account number because i'm not at all comfortable giving out all of my information on the phone.

-- i would like to take a moment to address the "you were Company A, now you're Company B" issue. the reality is, we’re Company D. in the ten years since this turdsniffer last thought to check on his investments, Company A was bought by Company B. Company B was bought by Company C. a few years ago, my company acquired the useful portion of Company C. so his account number looks valid but there’s a chance that it belongs to the crap portion of Company C that we scraped off the plate before taking home the leftovers. --

ME: i apologize for the inconvenience but i am unable to locate your account using your account number. the only other option i have is to do a system search using your social security number.
    SC: well, you see i'm really not comfortable giving that information out & Company A is Company B now but I got this account with Company A & i'm tired of of having someone making money off off an account when YOU haven't called ME in 10 years and i can't even find out who my rep is. *finally gives up his social security number*
    ME: i'm sorry ,sir, but as i said, i'm unable to locate your account using any of the fields available to me.
    SC: let me talk to your manager.
    ME: {you want to talk to the guy who uses the exact same criteria to search the exact same system? fine by me. as long as get you the hell off my phone.} ok. our district manager is out of the Denver office. i can give you his toll free number or take your contact information & have him call you.
    SC: *sigh* i can't BELIEVE this. i got this policy with company A and now I have to call company B and noone knows what they're doing & I can’t believe you haven’t called me in 10 years. you have horrible customer service & i'm tired of making phone calls.

i finally got him to write down the number for the Denver office and before he could get another word in i wrapped it up with a quick & dirty “ThanksforcallingCompanyD” *hang up*

hate, hate, hate. so much hate, so little time.
    Last edited by 4011; 11-11-2008, 02:14 AM.
    vanilla chai

Why the frack is it your fault that he's too stupid or lazy to find out what his own money is up to?? What an EW.

Comment

He's pissed because YOU haven't called HIM in 10 years? Any idiot knows a company doesn't call a client unless something is amiss.

Of course, he's not just any idiot...
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

*Twitch*

He think...you....wait......I....he.....call....... GAH!

I think I'm going to have a seisure.
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

It must be nice to have so much money out floating around in the world that he can't be bothered to find out just exactly where it is and who has it.
          *auntiem who has very little to invest but does have a financial advisor who does call me once a year to schedule a meeting to evaluate what my accounts are doing and see if I want to make changes.

Comment

Oddly enough my investment portfolio sends me regular statements with my account numbers and the like, all kinds of phone numbers explaining "If you need x call a, if you need y call b". And it even lists who my freaking adviser is!

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
              Oddly enough my investment portfolio sends me regular statements with my account numbers and the like, all kinds of phone numbers explaining "If you need x call a, if you need y call b". And it even lists who my freaking adviser is!
              funny you should mention that. our Corporate Output Mechanism automatically generates not only monthly statements but quarterly & annual. that's 16 pieces of mail each year that shows, amongst other things, the name of the current rep.

oh... right. he probably moved & never bothered to update his contact information. so it's also my fault he's hasn't been getting statements either. damn.
              vanilla chai

Comment

Hey. Welcome to CS. Great first post.

The part that amused me the most was how he kept repeating his baseless whine.

Quoth SC
                i got this policy with company A and now I have to call company B and noone knows what they're doing & I can’t believe you haven’t called me in 10 years. you have horrible customer service & i'm tired of making phone calls.
                He was trying to suck you into an pointless argument so he could keep complaining.

And you kept ignoring it (because it's not relevant) in favor of politely trying to solve an *actual* problem for him.

It must have driven him nuts.

Good work.
                The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Been there. Done that. Relatively recently too.

I feel your pain. Have some cookies.

*gives cookies*
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

mmmm.... cookies.

*skulks off to secret cookie eating den to search for milk*
                    vanilla chai

Comment

I know. I get an annual statement on my IRA from my financial guy . . . . so I know what my account has done, I know how much is currently in there and if there should be some problem or I come up with a question, I can pick up the phone and call him.

Trick is to actually read the statements . . . which apparently it sounds as if the SC in the OP clearly wasn't doing. . .
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                        I know. I get an annual statement on my IRA from my financial guy . . . . so I know what my account has done, I know how much is currently in there and if there should be some problem or I come up with a question, I can pick up the phone and call him.

Trick is to actually read the statements . . . which apparently it sounds as if the SC in the OP clearly wasn't doing. . .
                        Even if you don't read them (which I find hard to do lately since there's less in there each time) I save mine, so if I do need something I can pull it out and have all the info.

Comment

Even if you don't read them (which I find hard to do lately since there's less in there each time) I save mine, so if I do need something I can pull it out and have all the info.
                          I save mine too . . .you just never know when you'll need them.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I save mine too . . .you just never know when you'll need them.
                            Yes ... but that this is the smart thing to do ... something most SCs are capable of. He apparently thinks there is this magical computer that holds all of his valuable information, from his representative's name to how many miles are on his vehicle to the first time he's ever visited the dentist.

I bet all of this guys important paperwork just makes it into the garbage ...
                            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Trick is
                              Hey, not every dog can learn tricks.
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X