Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all customers... This is how a propane tank exchange is supposed to work!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, I think that an empty propane tank might be more dangerous than a full one, the same way that an empty tanker is more of a fire hazard than one that's full of oil. In order for something that's a flammable liquid to burn, it must be in a gaseous state. A full propane tank actually has a liquid in it, and can only burn if it's vented, where it both mixes with air (another requirement for the big, bright flame) and transforms from a liquid into a gas. An empty propane tank is basically a tank of explosive vapors.
    Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

Propane stinks

I fill tanks at the store where I work and you wouldn't believe the snit-fits people get into over regulations. Yes, your tank MUST have a dust cover on it in order to be filled. Yes, we know it is stupid. No, I don't care if somebody else filled it last time.

Yes, the tank must be re-inspected after 12 years. Yes, there is a fee for it. No, I don't care if some lazy coworker filled it for you last time.

Sir, your tank is leaking. No, you cannot have it back. I don't care if you plan to foist it off on some poor propane exchange guy who isn't required to test for leaks, YOU CAN'T TAKE A LEAKING TANK UNTIL IT IS PROPERLY EMPTIED.

If you don't like it write your congressman, because I certainly am not going to risk my company losing our filling permits over your whiney a$$.

Comment

Working...
      X