This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth froglet View Post
    Barqs is different in the States than in Canada as far as I know, like Mt. Dew is.
    Same reason that I can't drink Coke from Mexico. It's waaaaay sweeter than ours.

Quoth Belari View Post
    No caffeine in Mt. Dew?? Well what's the point of drinking monkey piss if it's got no caffeine?
    I don't like the regular Mt. Dew, but the Code Red is quite good.

And does anyone remember Jolt cola? All the sugar and twice the caffeine, which left not much room for anything as banal as flavour mind you....
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
      a? All the sugar and twice the caffeine, which left not much room for anything as banal as flavour mind you....
      Found a sugar free Lemon-Lime Jolt in my local Big Lots.

Did not get the caffeine buzz I was expecting.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
        i'd like to amend this to diet ANYTHING tastes like ass 100% of the time.
        I quite like Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi. Other than that, yeah, most diet stuff is ass.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I don't drink diet^H^H^H^Hregular anything. It all tastes like ass to me.

HFCS has nasty aftertaste.
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
            My friend and I stayed up all night drinking Vault once and it made our pee smell like it.
            I also started sweating for no apparent reason the next morning.
            Oh, I would say the reason was very apparent. Vault has even more caffeine than Moutain Dew. You drink it all night, you are going to load up on caffeine. That much caffeine in your system is going to make you sweat the next morning. It's your body reacting to the overload. I don't know the exact science, but I do know that enough caffeine will do that to you. So will too much alcohol or garlic, for that matter. (I've experienced all three, thank you very much.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              I am NOT entitled to tongue.
              Oh, everyone is.

Ooooops...back to the official pervfest thread for me.

Quoth Apathy View Post
              Perhaps you have heard of this new sugarless drink called "Water." Chances are that you have a device in your home that dispenses this wonder-liquid. Jackass.
              Now with 95% less cryptosporidium!!!

Quoth Pagan View Post
              I don't like the regular Mt. Dew, but the Code Red is quite good.
              I agree.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Fungus View Post
                I'm probably the only person in the world that liked Diet Dr Pepper Cherry Chocolate. I miss it, but it never occurred to me to spaz out when it stopped being sold in the grocery store.
                No . . . there's two people in the world who liked the Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry Chocolate.

We got in one flat of it in 2 liter bottles (they come shipped 8 to a flat) and that was a mistake on part of the warehouse according to both the rig driver and the sales rep. Sales rep worked those to the shelf, thinking he wouldn't sell them. Heh.

They were almost gone by the time I went home from work . . . I saw one customer with 4 of them. I was barely lucky to get 2 of them and they were the last 2 on the shelf. I barely made it through the checkout with them and got them to the car.

And yes, I did enjoy both those 2 ltrs.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Fungus View Post
                  I'm probably the only person in the world that liked Diet Dr Pepper Cherry Chocolate. I miss it, but it never occurred to me to spaz out when it stopped being sold in the grocery store.
                  Where do you live? I have 11 cans left of a 12 pack that I've been meaning to get rid of!

Comment

Quoth Reyneth View Post
                    Where do you live? I have 11 cans left of a 12 pack that I've been meaning to get rid of!
                    I'm in southern Ohio (Dayton Area), if you're close. I'll take `em.

Of course, I'm still in mourning over the Mt. Dew Pitch Black--The ORIGIONAL Pitch Black, not that sour PB II they rereleased. The origional was a staple of the gaming table for months, and actually tasted like grape, rather than purple.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I liked the diet cherry chocolate too.
                      And the berries 'n cream.

I couldn't get enough of that stuff. Diet, of course.
                      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth Reyneth View Post
                        I also live in Ohio. Weird, huh? I still have about 8 12 packs myself. I bought out a local store after it was discontinued. Grabbed about 12 or so. Wife thought I lost my mind.
                        For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
                        http://atriumforum.com/
                        Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                          I'm in southern Ohio (Dayton Area), if you're close. I'll take `em.
                          Strangely enough, I'm in Cleveland. No plans to go south for a while but I won't toss them at this point!

I miss the Crystal Clear Pepsi!

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                            Of course, I'm still in mourning over the Mt. Dew Pitch Black--The ORIGIONAL Pitch Black, not that sour PB II they rereleased. The origional was a staple of the gaming table for months, and actually tasted like grape, rather than purple.
                            *Mourns with him*

I miss PepsiEdge as well. I liked it. Less sugar and no aspartame. I understand a lot of people have a problem with Sucrolose, but I have huge problems with Aspartame, so no diet sodas for me (save for Diet Rite, of course....dammit, only got one can left).
                            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I have a vision of a samurai doubled over in the pop aisle, trying to stab himself in the stomach with a liter of A&W.

The sugar alcohols in diet anything make my throat burn.

My brother works for Pepsi, I should see if they've got any leftover 'experimental' flavors lounging around the warehouse.
                              Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

BTW Diet means (usually) less fattening.. not "no sugar"... one good example is Light Mayonaise... it has less fat in it but it has added sugar which common Mayonnaise does not....

Learn to read the friggin label.

Oh and btw, "no sugar" doesn't mean "diabetic safe!" there are lots of other refined carbos that have as high a Glicemic Index (or higher) than glucose....

Sigh
                                I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Working...
                                X