Quoth Nashida View Post

And BJ...what KIND?

yes, i'm that gutterbrained

Comment

Quoth nomorecarts View Post

yes, i'm that gutterbrained
      *tick, tock....tick...tock*

OH.

That's sad. I didn't see that until you said something... Slow morning here.

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
        SC: You are racist. *walks off*
        Bread is racist? Really?

Excu-u-u-se Me
        I was thinking Steve Martin. But I read the other posts and I was thinking wrong.
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Aisling View Post
          That last lady, with the little girl, is going to have a very demanding brat in a year or two. Take solace in that.
          Assuming the kid isn't one already.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
            SC: *rattles off sandwich order +cheese*
            Me: What kind of cheese would you like?
            SC: Cheese.
            Me: I heard that, but what kind would you like?
            SC: *huffy sigh* I said Cheese.
            Me: We've gone over that already. What kind? We have..
            SC: I said CHEESE!
            Me:
            --
            You are racist. *walks off*
            --
            Excu-u-u-se Me, Princess

(cookie to whomever gets above reference)

--
            My boss sees the plate she's tried to force into my hands and goes "Oh, you've GOT to be shittin' me."
            Now, were it me, after getting only the one response on 'cheese', I would've gone on to list every single kind of cheese on the bar. "We have: <deep breath> American, both orange and white, Swiss, with or without holes, Parmesan, Ricotta, Frangelica, Steve-arino, Jarlsberg, Gouda without the damned joke, Muenster, Limberger, and Tarantella." And then not stopped talking. Note to the above, I'd imagine only about half of those are real cheeses.
            --
            "I'm terribly happy you've managed to see through my plucky and lovely Hippy-ish demeanor to the race fearing, xenophobic interior that I hide away from the public. The people of Bread-onia are more than likely quaking in their boots that I have yet to put any wheat bread in to cook. Truly, I am like unto a Nazi. Godwin's Law! Get the hell out of my store!"
            --
            I throw my vote for the reference into the Legend of Zelda cartoon pile as well... Mmm, Legend of Zelda pile... *drools*
            --
            I've demonstrated a distinct lack of caring for anyone who pisses me off, particularly when they start shoving things at me, and then out comes the pimp hand.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Aisling View Post
              Han Solo? *wants a cookie*

That last lady, with the little girl, is going to have a very demanding brat in a year or two. Take solace in that.
              I think from the sound of it she's already at that point. . . .
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                Now, were it me, after getting only the one response on 'cheese', I would've gone on to list every single kind of cheese on the bar. "We have: <deep breath> American, both orange and white, Swiss, with or without holes, Parmesan, Ricotta, Frangelica, Steve-arino, Jarlsberg, Gouda without the damned joke, Muenster, Limberger, and Tarantella." And then not stopped talking. Note to the above, I'd imagine only about half of those are real cheeses.
                American
                white = real
                yellow = real
                Swiss
                with=real
                with out= real
                Parmesan
                real
                Ricotta
                real
                Frangelica
                false
                Steve
                false
                Jarlsberg
                real
                Gouda
                real
                Muenster
                real
                Limburger
                real
                Tarantella
                false, it's a dance tho...

So yea more then half were real. And I bet most of them are yummy but I can never get past limburger's smell to taste it.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                  Tarantella

That's how I recognised it! Nearly broke my wrist doing that dance when I was a kid lol!

On topic, I wish I got offered a choice of cheeses in my sandwich...mozarella is considered exotic and frightening where I'm from, let alone anything else.

Comment

Completely Off topic, but... Re. Limburger Cheeses;

When I was in Germany (2 week vacation with my great-aunt and my grandmother, back when I was a wee gorp of just over ten years), cheeses actually had 'foot labels' where little stamps in the shape of feet showcased the 'potency' of the cheese.

I came to enjoy the three or four-foot cheeses, as, despite the smell (Imagine funkstain's feet and you have a good idea) the flavour was EPIC AWESOME.

Comment

Mozzarella is one of the standard cheeses for Italian food. It's actually quite nice...

But just try to get plain old Cheddar around here. You get Edam and Emmental instead, and neither of those are close enough to use in recipes that assume cheddar.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                        Tarantella
                        I just read that as Tarantula. Spider cheese.

And out of that above list, we typically have American, Provolone, Swiss, and Cheddar. A couple of times we've had Muenster, but only a couple. Heck, I didn't know it was Muenster until a student pointed it out to me.

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
                          And BJ...what KIND?
                          well my mind didn't fall into the gutter
                          (cos it's really hard to fall *up*)

"what kind of cheese?"
                          "Cheese"
                          .... to me that says, "i want velveta or american cheese" (both suck equally anyway)

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            well my mind didn't fall into the gutter
                            (cos it's really hard to fall *up*)

"what kind of cheese?"
                            "Cheese"
                            .... to me that says, "i want velveta or american cheese" (both suck equally anyway)
                            Or, you could write the word "Cheese" on a piece of paper and put it on her plate.

It may not be the kind she wants, but she wasn't specific now, was she?
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                              Actually, I was thinking Lone Star from "Spaceballs"!
                              That was my guess too. I'll skip straight to "You want that hot air machine?" when I want to give my husband a verbal smack back to reality.
                              Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

But, do you have sunshine in a bag?
                                Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Working...
                                X