This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE:

While riding the bus home today, I was given this gem.

I was pretty much avoiding paying attention to the people getting on/off as most were weird (they usually are on that route), but a raised voice aroused me from my gentle doze. Lady, a guy and (their?) kid are walking on the bus. She gets on first and barks, "Well, you F***ing coming?!" The man and kid shuffle aboard, man and woman pay, and the woman tells her child gruffly to take a seat. Girl goes to sit in the front and the mother grabs her head roughly and started mumbling angrily to her. I swear, if she'd done more, I'd have been the first to do something about it.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
      I'm sure the idiot who let his one kid play on the conveyor belt of the vacant register next to me also thought he was a "good parent." They always do.
      I guess my Mom was a "bad parent" then for not letting me ride on the conveyor belt.

Come to think of it, she never took me to the grocery store with her when I was little. I guess I'll have to go scold her for that one and tell her I need years of therapy because of it..
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
        I would've said, "Oooooooooooooh, a new employee!!!!" Or something.
        "FRESH MEAT!"
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
          SC: I would have noticed if he was doing something dangerous! I'm a good mother, are you saying I'm not?!
          Lines like that are always so suspect...it's always when you catch them doing exactly the wrong thing too.

"Are you saying I'm a liar?"
          "Are you calling me a thief?"
          "Are you saying I'm an idiot?"
          "Are you saying I'm a bad parant?"

Yes, because you are lying.
          Yes, because you were stealing.
          Yes, because you're a knuckle-dragging offense to the existence of the brain.
          Yes, because your rampant little shit clearly doesn't have someone competant parenting him.

I'm in a pissy mood today for some reason, I've decided...
          "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
          "What IS fun to fight through?"
          "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
            I'm a good mother, are you saying I'm not?!
            Yes. Yes I am.
            "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
              Why is it women that are horrible mothers are the ones who scream the loudest about being a good mother?
              Because Good Mothers don't need the praise because they KNOW they're good.

ThePhoneGoddess, are you taking Psych courses or something? You keep beating me to the Psycho-Babble.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Sounds like the mom that asked why I was telling the kids that they need to stay with bab mom. Her answer?

Well, you have cameras, so nothing can happen. Why yes, you are right! We can show you tapes of you kids getting taken. Guess what, they next week, she lost her kids in the store and had to ask our help to find them.

Comment

I had a very useful phrase to deal with encounters such as that. "You do realise that your child is not insured behind the counter?"

My word, but it got them to act like parents for a change.

Rapscallion

Comment

For.... real....?

I have a little one that gets into EVERYTHING - I would have totally been like OH CRAP! Thanks for looking out for my hellspawn, Hobbs! You think the harpy woulda been grateful... tch.

Comment

Working...
                    X