This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You listed WHAT???

General rule: real guns, explosives, etc. are not allowed on the site.

Guns - now with carrots!

Had one guy try listing his guns which included handguns, rifles, shotguns and even assault wepons! He'd had listings ended before, so he knew the policy. So what does he do? He tries to pass them off as "replicas". Now, for various legal and safety reasons, replicas are required to have a permanent bright orange plug in the barrel showing that it isn't real and can't be fired. What does mr. gun-nut do? He sticks CARROTS down the barrels of the guns and tries to pass them off as being properly marked replicas...

Landmines

You read that right! Some idiot decided he'd list REAL landmines! I don't care if they're antique from WW2. I don't care if the explosives have been replaced with an "inert material". I don't care if they were used for "training purposes". THEY'RE FUCKING LANDMINES!!!! The fuse/detonator/whatever it's called was included!

I hope Princess Di kicks your ass in the afterlife.

Military ordinance

I hope the military goes after this asshat - he was trying to sell a LAW rocket! Not the actual explosive part, just the launcher. Still, isn't that still military property? He was also claiming it was a "replica", couldn't be made to fire, and was for "reinactment" purposes...

First of all, if it really was a replica, what would you do at a reinactment? Yell "Boom! You're all dead!"???

Second, there were no orange markings or anything else indicating it was a replica - nice try.

And finally, the pictures showed scorch marks in the tube!!! As in, you could tell it had been USED!!!

Ain't no way you're convincing me (or any of my coworkers for that matter) that it isn't real!

Now if you were including the actual rocket with the launcher, we might be able to work out a deal...

"Hello? Is this <nearest military base to the seller>? Would you mind taking a look at this listing to verify that it's real? ......"

Why do people seem to think that we're even dumber than they are? Lazy, perhaps. Dumb, no.

Actually, the LAW rocket tube is probably fine. He didn't even need to call it a "Replica." The launch tube is a single-use item and is easily available on the surplus market. Their only value to the DoD would be scrap.

SirWired

Comment

Somebody tried to list a ROCKET LAUNCHER??????

What company is this, Guns-R-Us?
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
        Actually, the LAW rocket tube is probably fine. He didn't even need to call it a "Replica." The launch tube is a single-use item and is easily available on the surplus market. Their only value to the DoD would be scrap.

SirWired
        Perhaps, but he was listing it as the full rocket, not just the tube. If it wasn't for the scorch marks, we would have had to assume it was still loaded as there were no other indicators that it wasn't! For all we know, he had an unused one and was just using the pics of a used one.

And the policy doesn't care if it's a one use item or not, it was a real military weapon and we don't want to have a news story about how a rocket launcher used to attack a school or whatever was purchased on the site. There was enough bad press that the Virginia Tech shooter bought magazines (gun parts) off the site (which caused the immediate ban of all magazines).

Comment

As someone else said the LAW launcher tube would be perfectly legal to own. It's also within Ebay policy to sell it.

Comment

yeah but as he said, the photo showed the whole thing not just the tube.
            heh, just call the military anyway... let them deal with the joker. I'm sure they'll have fun with that one... nice little courts martial

He sticks CARROTS down the barrels of the guns and tries to pass them off as being properly marked replicas...
            O_o ... i take it he was a fan of "Shoot Em Up?"
            carrots are deadly weapons!

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              O_o ... i take it he was a fan of "Shoot Em Up?"
              carrots are deadly weapons!
              Maybe they just watched too much Bugs Bunny?

Comment

maybe...
                but heh in that movie the main character kills a lot of people with carrots - including using some to pull the trigger when his hands were too injured. so yeah... carrots cannot be used as permanent trigger-stoppers

Comment

Quoth Darkwish View Post
                  Landmines

You read that right! Some idiot decided he'd list REAL landmines! I don't care if they're antique from WW2. I don't care if the explosives have been replaced with an "inert material". I don't care if they were used for "training purposes". THEY'RE FUCKING LANDMINES!!!! The fuse/detonator/whatever it's called was included!

you've probably got a legitimate instance to get the authorities involved with that, given it's got a detonator with it it's pretty easy to repack the explosive and bingo, a working landmine.
                  If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

My kid brother is an Army Cadet instructor, as well as world war 2 enthusiast, etc etc, (We always have fun toys in our house!!)

He's got a used LAW tube, which im fairly certain he got on Ebay UK a few years ago - not 100% on that. It sits on the shelf with all his De-activated WWII stuff, and as far as our neighbours (Ex police) are concerned, its perfectly fine.

ToGGoT

Comment

A LAW tube is just that, the tube. LAWs are intended to be fired, then dropped on the battlefield. Selling a LAW tube is the equivalent to selling a dummy round. http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-20MM-ART...1%7C240%3A1318
                      The LAW tube is just the casing, and cannot be fired or reloaded. Now... if it had the rocket included... Call the ATF, you have a major problem.

I would love to buy one for an Airsoft project. I am talking to a Sargent now who may get 2 for me off of Fort XXXXXXX. But they have not had live fire drills in a long while. (Military cutbacks) They do make replicas for Airsoft use that actually shoot. http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...l?prodID=22472

Here is a link to more info about the LAW- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M72_LAW

Still, you have a super duper hard job. The amount of SCs are mind boggling. Keep those stories coming.

((P.S. I would love to get the guys email address who had the tube for sale. But that would probably break a ton of rules. ))
                      "Wow, that has to be the best genital analogy EVER. "

Comment

Quoth Darkwish View Post
                        I hope the military goes after this asshat - he was trying to sell a LAW rocket!
                        --
                        "Hello? Is this <nearest military base to the seller>? Would you mind taking a look at this listing to verify that it's real? ......"
                        *wants to wait for the follow up, but can't*
                        So, let me get this straight: You fought the LAW, and you're winning?
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth MTNLaurelPoacher View Post
                          A LAW tube is just that, the tube. LAWs are intended to be fired, then dropped on the battlefield. Selling a LAW tube is the equivalent to selling a dummy round.

The LAW tube is just the casing, and cannot be fired or reloaded. Now... if it had the rocket included... Call the ATF, you have a major problem.

Still, you have a super duper hard job. The amount of SCs are mind boggling. Keep those stories coming.

((P.S. I would love to get the guys email address who had the tube for sale. But that would probably break a ton of rules. ))
                          Yeah, I realize that just the used tube is pretty much harmless, but the way that guy was listing it was just horribly wrong all the way around. He was listing it as the entire rocket and then turning around and claiming it was just a replica when it obviously wasn't. If it hadn't looked used, I would have escalated it to a supervisor which probably would have ended with law enforcement being notified.

No, you can't have his email address! You'll just have to hope that he relists it correctly!

Also, they've been getting much stricter when it comes to weapons recently, so things that may have been allowed in the past are now banned and what isn't banned has to be listed in a very specific way. (It's insane how many policies there are and how confusing some of them are, especially for weapons, drugs and hazardous materials!)

In case anyone is wondering, yes, nuclear weapons are banned on eBay. There is actually a policy for this.

Airsoft stuff is pretty much allowed since it almost always has the proper markings that it's replica/not a real firearm. Silencers aren't allowed though (no exceptions).

I have TONS more stories from eBay. I just needed to vent yesterday.

Comment

So he had an item that is allowed and described it so you'd think it was an item not allowed. Brillant plan. It either gets you higher bids or banned. Guess you lose.

Comment

Quoth Darkwish View Post
                              General rule: real guns, explosives, etc. are not allowed on the site.

Guns - now with carrots!

Had one guy try listing his guns which included handguns, rifles, shotguns and even assault wepons! He'd had listings ended before, so he knew the policy. So what does he do? He tries to pass them off as "replicas". Now, for various legal and safety reasons, replicas are required to have a permanent bright orange plug in the barrel showing that it isn't real and can't be fired. What does mr. gun-nut do? He sticks CARROTS down the barrels of the guns and tries to pass them off as being properly marked replicas...

I'm going to straight to hell in a bedazzled basket for this, but the first thought to cross my mind was a brief wish that he forgets to take them out and tries to use the gun. Don't worry, I'm packing myself in as we speak.

Comment

Working...
                              X