Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Return of VL, That's not my name #5million, and Screaming kids.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having worked in a callcenter, I can relate to the not remembering the name thing. I almost always instantly forgot the caller's name. (I guess to my antisocial geek mind, it was irrelevant, and would get discarded as so much superfluous data)

Still, I didn't make up a name. I just didn't use it. And then I'd get dinged on my quality scores for never using their name.

Oh, and the four year old dropping the f-bomb.. I wish I coulda been there to see that, and the mother's expression, too.
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post
      VL

So, I stare her down as she walks out, looking over her shoulder at me the whole way. Manager D came over and patted me on the back, saying," That'll do, pig."

Manager D rocks! I would have collapsed in a giggle fit if someone said that to me.
      Ranks right up there with "Christmas is carnage!".

Comment

We have an on-going joke in there. I am the pig, the heffer, or the cow, due to my rapid metabolism's need for food.

As for the kid's mom, she had the :O face the whole way out.

Quoth Kyree View Post
        Same here

Is it similar to Stacy, but with a different ending? If so, I think my coworker shares names with ya.
        Its Shanna. Shan-nuh. Not SHAUNA, not SHAYNA, but SHANNUH. Nuh.

My Dad dreamed it right before I was born =D

(Sorry... I just noticed my extra postin there.)
        Last edited by Broomjockey; 11-21-2008, 09:11 PM. Reason: consecutive posts

Comment

Kid: FUUUCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
          Off topic but... if you find that amusing, pick up Fallout 3, go to Little Lamplight, and talk to the Mayor.

As to names... people call me Mike. In emails. Emails in which they first have to place my name in the damn email address. I kinda understand the phone - perhaps my Irish accent throws some folks off, but... email? Really?
          Last edited by Dilorenzo; 11-21-2008, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Quoth unholypet
            Its Shanna. Shan-nuh. Not SHAUNA, not SHAYNA, but SHANNUH. Nuh.

My Dad dreamed it right before I was born =D

(Sorry... I just noticed my extra postin there.)
            It could be worse. I know a girl named Sheena. No one EVER gets her name right. Hell, it took me two weeks to stop calling her Shannon.
            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              For some reason that cracked me up. -.-
              Me too. I was picturing James Cromwell walking up behind her and patting her on the shoulder - dressed as his farmer character in the movie "Babe."
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                It could be worse. I know a girl named Sheena.
                Queen of the Jungle?

Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

That's exactly what I was thinking.
                  If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                    It could be worse. I know a girl named Sheena. No one EVER gets her name right. Hell, it took me two weeks to stop calling her Shannon.
                    Geez o_0

You know, 4 years I've been at my bank, and they still call me Shannon or Shawna. One lady who was great with numbers (we have fun over there sometimes), once read my check, processed it, read the receipt for assurance, and still called me Shafanza.

Comment

called me Shafanza.
                      Hah, what?

People get my name right but insist on shortening it. Which is annoying. Please don't change my name because you're too lazy to pronounce more than one syllable.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                        Hah, what?

People get my name right but insist on shortening it. Which is annoying. Please don't change my name because you're too lazy to pronounce more than one syllable.
                        You know, I have the opposite problem...

My name is Mike... just Mike... thats it.

People insist on calling me Michael, Mikey, Mickey, Mitchell... I think I've gotten Bill once, too...

It's rather annoying.
                        Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post
                          You know, I have the opposite problem...
                          Yep, my name is Michael and people constantly shorten it to Mike on me. =p

Comment

I especially loathe it when its pet names.

Shanoo! Sha-nae-nae! Shannara (which is a decent series, but still), god.

Has anyone called ya Michelle? My Dad gets that (Michael).

Comment

Has anyone called ya Michelle? My Dad gets that (Michael).
                              Yes. ><

But than again I've been called Jesus before too. So the judgment and...lucidness of those involved is a tad in question.

Comment

I've gotten Michelle too...

Never gotten Jesus, though... >_>
                                Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Working...
                                X