This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ralizon View Post
    And ignorant of whats happening in my state let alone one on the other side of the country world.
    OP's in Australia, so unless there's a Montanna, AU I'm not familiar with...
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Lol thanks Broom.

To make it clear, my state is banning the single-use plastic bags next year. Biodegradable bags, garbage bags and the little bags used for produce are not being banned. I've already had people bitching about "oh, but where am I gonna get my (free) garbage bags NOW????"
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I find the canvas bags for $1.00 to $3.00 each at flea markets. Go to the vendors that have the tubs of cheap household items spread out in rows. Usually they have two or three tubs with leftover bags with promotional logos. I also use wicker baskets, as I may have mentioned already.

If the streets become littered with canvas bags, I'd be more likely to pick them up and wash them. Not the case with the plastic.
        I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
          Lol thanks Broom.

To make it clear, my state is banning the single-use plastic bags next year. Biodegradable bags, garbage bags and the little bags used for produce are not being banned. I've already had people bitching about "oh, but where am I gonna get my (free) garbage bags NOW????"

They better start hoarding them now.

I though there was going to be a $0.05 charge per bag, at least that's what they were talking about last time I looked.
          Last edited by Nyoibo; 11-23-2008, 01:02 AM. Reason: I need a new keyboard
          If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
            And they're actually re-usable. Those plastic bags are so cheaply made now, our store has to double bag them, else they'll rip with like a pound or two of things in them. It's a complete waste for my company to buy them, but they still do ._.

Isn't there a rule about SC's making sense? They'll pitch the canvas bags out the window and then complain about having to buy more the next time.

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
              They'll pitch the canvas bags out the window and then complain about having to buy more the next time.
              In my case, they leave them in the car and forget.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Here in Finland, bags are charged for. You get a choice of a decent plastic bag, which can actually hold a lot of weight without doubling and is reusable for several shopping trips, or a paper bag which by all accounts is just as strong (as long as it stays dry) and is biodegradable. Both of these cost about 15-20 eurocents, depending on which store you're at.

Several of the chains also have much smaller and weaker bags available at the checkout for free - the type you get at the fruit & veg aisle. I've used these once or twice when I only had a very small order - for example for lunch - and hadn't brought a bag with me.

Comment

I reuse my plastic bags as garbage bags in the little waste baskets around the house.

I have looked to see if garbage bag makers have little garbage bags for sale, but so far, I have only seen the gallon size and the kitchen size.
                  Last edited by Misanthropical; 11-23-2008, 05:30 PM.
                  Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                    I reuse my plastic bags and garbage bags in the little waste baskets around the house.

I have looked to see if garbage bag makers have little garbage bags for sale, but so far, I have only seen the gallon size and the kitchen size.

I've seen the little ones at Ikea and Dollar Stores, nowhere else though
                    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
                    X