This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That much for just an Awesome Inn?

I get this question regularly, but the other day it just irked me. When SC says it in a tone of voice that the hotel they're thinking about staying at is not good enough. I take it as an insult to the hotel. Guess what pal, you're not helping your cause.

I'm curious if any other hotel workers have gotten this and some of their responses.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Well, considering our hotel is very nice high end 3 star, most people prefer our hotel lol They just bitch about the rates a lot.

A lot of people come here not liking the hotel they are staying at rather often. Sometimes I understand because they chose a hole-in-the-wall, but other times something rather rare happened to them & they want to bitch about how horrible the other hotel was because of that. I want to say, "Shit happens, sure sorry, but it does. I am sure it was an isolated inadent, " but I am sure they would freak out. So I give them fake looks of *oh no...* and beef up our hotel in the mean-time.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Oh at the call center I got that a lot... people didn't understand that Holiday Inn was no longer the little hole in the wall chain that it started out as 50 fusking years ago...
      Now I get the people here who are upset "you mean a 2 star costs $74, I usually pay (insert lower price) in (insert name of hell hole city within a days drive of us, there are plenty of them)"... well yes, but this isn't some unheard of hell hole.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

"I can't believe the prices here!"

"Ma'am, you're in Key freakin' West. To use an overused but appropriate line, you're not in Kansas anymore! Prices are going to be higher."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Jester, do you mean to tell me that rates are higher in more desirable locations?

Sounds like poor customer service to me. I could get a discount, though, right? Because I asked for one?
          Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
            Jester, do you mean to tell me that rates are higher in more desirable locations?

Sounds like poor customer service to me. I could get a discount, though, right? Because I asked for one?
            haha Yeah I have actually explain a basic rule of economics: supply vs. demand. suppy goes up, cost goes down. Demand goes up, cost goes up.
            When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

When people try to low-ball the rate I just let them know about the type of place they are requesting. There is a local Motel that offers rates of ~$30 a night.

They also have about 4 shootings a year (on average).

We suddenly look a whole lot nicer.

SC
              "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

I am in a small city in the middle of nowhere, so when I give a quote, I usually hear things like "that's awfully high for InsertCityHere" or they'll haggle about the rate being high for a particular time of year.

I always let them know that "such and such" and "so and so" have built new hotels here in town, but their rates are about $40 more per night than ours. Otherwise, we have some lovely, run down local establishments that run $40-50 a night, if price is a concern.

That usually shuts them up, and then they go ahead and book with the rate I quoted.

Comment

Working...
                X