This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No we won't return your umbrella

So this story is so sad....It shows just how thieving customers really are. So we sell umbrellas and on rainy days we usually sell out of them.So anyways we had to put up a sign on the umbrella display that says no refunds on umbrellas....Why you ask....

Because jackass would buy one and then the next day when its not raining,they would try to return it. what kind of scumbags return a used umbrella?Are people really this self absorbed that they can't understand that we don't accept used items back to a candystore/gift shop.

What about next time they need an umbrella?
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Who the hell would go to the trouble of buying and returning an umbrella for a one time use?

I keep saying that people's time isn't actually valuable at all. This goes towards proving it.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

shit i live in arizona and i own two umberlias (one pocket sized for my own needs one larger to cover two people or help claire on a walk)

Comment

It's the fault of the large, big box stores. They let you return just about anything within the 30 days. And as we see here on occasion, they sometimes fold and cave into demands that fall beyond their "policy". Smaller stores that can't afford to do that get dumped on as a result. I know, I get people who want to return their tire chains after they've used them.
          My usual response is that we are not the local library.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
          ~Clerks

Comment

It's like the people that returned obviously worn halloween costumes the day after halloween.

Comment

Where I work, the weeks following Super Bowl weekend were notorious for this. People would purchase big screen TVs to watch the game, then attempt to return those sets. The company then set a policy into place that no returns would be accepted on televisions purchased within a certain time frame surrounding Super Bowl Sunday. We would work with customers who had genuine mechanical issues with their TVs, but the cheapskates were stuck.
              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
                Where I work, the weeks following Super Bowl weekend were notorious for this. People would purchase big screen TVs to watch the game, then attempt to return those sets. The company then set a policy into place that no returns would be accepted on televisions purchased within a certain time frame surrounding Super Bowl Sunday. We would work with customers who had genuine mechanical issues with their TVs, but the cheapskates were stuck.
                I actually worried about that stigmata the year we had to return a tv. With all the sales just before Superbowl Sunday that's when we bought it but we had to call tech support the first night we set it up. Through the weekend we had all kinds of trouble and called Sams Club about how to return it for another and did we have to break down the stand, etc. Another of the same brand had been returned that day and the next when we brought ours down there was yet another one sitting there for return.
                For the record, HP should not make tv's. I noticed they had taken the display down as well.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth malmalthekiller View Post
                  It's like the people that returned obviously worn halloween costumes the day after halloween.
                  Or the jerks that return very worn dress shoes the day after the prom, homecoming, wedding, etc.
                  "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
                  "Red."
                  "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
                  "RED!"
                  "..."

Comment

We get this at the hardware store all the time with garage door openers. They use it for the weekend or what ever until they get their original and then bring it back.
                    It doesn't really matter but I HATE that they think they're fooling us.
                    I once said, "I guess we should just rent these, huh?" and the customer got all huffy and promised "I'm Never Shopping Here Again!"

(I think it's time to add "INSHA!" to our ever-growing list of anagrams here)
                    "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
                    -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Acronyms, not anagrams. </nitpick>

Comment

Working...
                      X