This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obessed by the lavatory

I was flying back from a trip today, had 2 nights away somewhere exotic and Nordic Where it was snowing!

It was a nice trip despite being on the old Boeing 757 but I was flight attendant position number 4, in the back galley where I could hide. We had VERY light loads so a nice flight.

I had one passenger who seemed obsessed by the lavatory. Started to poke around in the back galley and tried to find the restroom and then asked me "Is there a loo back here?" I was tempted to say it was invisble and then pointed to the ones in the middle. It was just how he expected a toilet to pop out of nowhere.

Then as soon as the seatbelts signs for landing went on he wanted to go to the toilet...despite having had 2.5 hours sat down in his seat with plenty of time to go! Why wait until the Captain PA's "Cabin Crew 10 mins until landing" and the flight attendant makes a PA regarding seatbelts on, tray tables away and the LAVATORIES BEING OUT OF USE!
    Last edited by AirHostess; 11-25-2008, 01:50 PM.
    No longer a flight atttendant!

What, Finland/Sweden/Norway is exotic??? I'm just wondering... Of course it might be exotic to have nothing to do in winter but have loads of lit candles and drink beer/whiskey here

OTOH, I can understand someone thinking this is exotic... I think people think exotic is something that's not normally encountered in their lives (e.g. me, the Northern girl, think of Bahamas/Florida/Key West etc as exotic as well as this place very not exotic).
    A man can be stupid and not know it, but not if he is married.

Comment

I LOVE Finland. The snow! The beer! The lights!

Comment

The DARKNESS, the slush, the cold, the slipperyness... Ugh. I could give almost anything for +20C now...

Comment

Quoth pacman View Post
          The DARKNESS, the slush, the cold, the slipperyness... Ugh. I could give almost anything for +20C now...
          I was amazed that planes can take off and land in snow...UK airports would all be closed!

Comment

Or that all schools don't close because of 4"-10"-1' of snow... And that we have special winter tyres in cars (with small metal "studs" or "nails" that have a better traction on ice), and that it really is possible to live in the middle of 1-3 feet of snow.

Actually, I rather like it... If only it wasn't so godawfully cold here! *shiver* I'm just not a winter person.

Partially on topic: was your flight delayed because of the storm on Sunday? Or the after-effects.

EDIT: And if it was, how did your customers take the delay?
            Last edited by pacman; 11-25-2008, 01:56 PM. Reason: edited to add

Comment

Quoth pacman View Post
              Or that all schools don't close because of 4"-10"-1' of snow... And that we have special winter tyres in cars (with small metal "studs" or "nails" that have a better traction on ice), and that it really is possible to live in the middle of 1-3 feet of snow.

Actually, I rather like it... If only it wasn't so godawfully cold here! *shiver* I'm just not a winter person.

Partially on topic: was your flight delayed because of the storm on Sunday? Or the after-effects.

EDIT: And if it was, how did your customers take the delay?
              The crew bus ride to and from the airport was a bit scary! Eek!

Nope we got in Sunday night and all was fine.

Comment

What, did you have some crazy Finnish guy driving the bus? The weather on Sunday was a b*tch. I drove a 60 km/h road at 45km/h because the road wasn't ploughed open yet...

Did you know that? We regularly don't use salt in the colder weather (-10C and colder) because it simply is not enough to melt the snow. We first plough them open and then throw sand to get traction. Seems to me to work, at least most times. Of course we have idjits driving a million km/h just because they have a SUV and then we get to pull them up from ditches when we arrive to their place of losing traction/control.

And, FINALLY: (sorry! ) I've needed to go to the bathroom when we had the belts light on. Once. I was eight years old. We had just been flying for 16 hours almost straight, just the obligatory plane changes (and boy were they rushed in Prague) and didn't have the need until then... But yes, I agree to that being sucky to ask continuously and then needing to go when you announced the belts on thing.
                Last edited by pacman; 11-25-2008, 08:03 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

I once had to use the toilet during turbulence.

Yeah.

Fortunately it wasn't the "clear air turbulence" that you hear about causing injuries - just your usual "rough air downwind of surface features" turbulence. Uncomfortable but not dangerous.

Meanwhile, hi from the land of post-snowstorm madness! Finns actually like it when it snows in November, because it makes the days seem longer and brighter. November is usually quite dark and dreary, otherwise.

And don't worry - they get the country running smoothly again within about 24 hours - it just takes that long for everyone to change to winter tyres, use the snowploughs, and turn on the point-heaters on the railways.

Comment

Actually, I think people mostly already had changed their tyres - at least I didn't read from the papers how "The motorists were surprised by the winter" and about the 100+ car collision you had there in Espoo 2 years ago... I didn't notice many at all news about collisions now. Maybe (NOT, but I'm optimistic) people have learned how to drive on winter.

Comment

LOL how global this site is, 2 Finnish members on here!

Comment

Quoth pacman View Post
                        Are you sure you don't live in Upstate New York? All your posts remind me of what I deal with every day from Mid-November to the end of March. Tires, snow, salt, idiot drivers; sounds like my daily commute.

Comment

Princess, I believe Chromatix is not really Finnish, he's British but lives in our capital. I live 170-180 km (100-120 miles) northwest from him in the third biggest city of Finland, Tampere. (Have you ever been in Tampere-Pirkkala airport? It's 20 km from me.)

Tphillip, no way I'm gonna move to the melting pot! I want to keep myself as Finnish as possible You DID know, however, that Nokian tyres come from Finland, didn't you?

Comment

Quoth pacman View Post
                            Princess, I believe Chromatix is not really Finnish, he's British but lives in our capital.
                            So would that mean Chromatix is a False Finnish? Or just a Premature Finnish?

<run away!>
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Naw... I think he's just an Englishman in New York.

Comment

Working...
                              X