This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not water = Acetone

Each semester, my IQ drops a few points. Just to keep up to speed on the way the students are going. You see, it was a student who did this, and they are technically our customers, so I'm putting this under "Sucky Customers" even though no SC's actually APPEAR in this story, which can be told in one picture. Greenday, and anyone else who works in a lab, will know what is wrong with this:

This is exactly the way I found it. Looks like we need more TRAINING.

If the mods think this belongs in General Work Chat or wherever, I stand corrected.
    Last edited by poofy_puff; 11-25-2008, 03:20 PM. Reason: tweak image
    I was not hired to respond to those voices.

I don't work in a lab and I know what is wrong with that!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

You get an "A". "A" for "acetone".

Hip Hip Hooray.

Comment

Reminds me of a poem a chem techer told us:

"Johnny was a chemist
        Now he is no more
        For what he thought was H2O was H2SO4"
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
          For what he thought was H2O was H2SO4"
          I think my nerd just leved up, since I knew that imediatly. lol!
          Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
          pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
            I don't work in a lab and I know what is wrong with that!
            "Not Water" leaves about 18000 other clear liquids it could be.

Comment

I found this somewhere. Could have been here. If so, . But, my boss thought it was funny, so it can go round again:

The Heaviest Element Known to Science

Lawrence Livermore Laboratories has discovered the heaviest element yet known to
              science.

The new element, Governmentium (Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88
              deputy neutrons, and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of

These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are
              surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons.

Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert; however, it can be detected,
              because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact. A tiny
              amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than
              a second, to take from 4 days to 4 years to complete.

Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2- 6 years. It does not decay, but
              instead undergoes a reorganization in which a portion of the assistant neutrons
              and deputy neutrons exchange places.

In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each
              reorganization will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.

This characteristic of morons promotion leads some scientists to believe that
              Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration. This
              hypothetical quantity is referred to as critical morass.

When catalysed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium, an element that
              radiates just as much energy as Governmentium since it has half as many peons
              but twice as many morons.

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
              I smelled it and it was acetone. But you have my point. The "fail" in all this is really because they took the time to write a label, they could have put what is actually IN the bottle, not one of the many liquids it is NOT.

Doubleplusungood.
              Last edited by Broomjockey; 12-01-2008, 03:11 AM. Reason: consecutive posts

Comment

Governmentium = lulz
                Check out my cosplay social group!
                http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Quoth wraiths_crono View Post
                  I think my nerd just leved up.
                  Yay for Nerd levels! I mainly gain Dork levels anymore, but I'm still multiclassed in Nerd.

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
                  Governmentium (Gv)
                  Hilarious.
                  Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                    "Why don't you go ahead and grab it? If there's one thing I've learned, it's never to stick your hand into a viscous material."
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

wow. that looks like something that would happen in the science labs at my art school.
                      http://footloosecomic.com Pirate Faeries!!

Comment

'Little Johnny took a drink
                        But he shall drink no more.
                        For what he thought was H2O was H2SO4'

I read that one back in elementary school...always loved it!
                        I no longer fear HELL.
                        I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Actually a lot of my nethack potions, wands and scrolls are labeled by what they are not.
                          Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

I never thought this would lead to everyone out-nerding each other. I'll have to post more of these. Most of them aren't quite as funny, but they do still make you have to go clean your brain out of your ears. (The OP, not the Governmentium).

Comment

Quoth Naaman View Post
                              "Why don't you go ahead and grab it? If there's one thing I've learned, it's never to stick your hand into a viscous material."
                              Heh heh. I like that movie. It was fun.
                              MySpace

Comment

Working...
                              X