This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Brain to Mouth Filter

Doncha hate it when a customer says something just so stupid and backwards and you want to correct them....but the whole love of having a paycheck keeps you from doing so? I had that situation yesterday.

Long story short, this woman calls all upset about her service being shut off for not paying. Between her calling everything I said "bullsh*t" and telling me to kiss her ass, she dropped this gem:

"I can't believe that with everything that is going on in the world today, that you would shut off service over $30!"

What I wanted to tell her (but that darn needing money thing that this job helps provide kept me from saying) was "Ma'am, the reason why the world and the economy is suffering is because of companies providing services to people who didn't pay."

The best part was today when she called and complained to me about the girl that she spoke to yesterday (me again) was rude and was making fun of her situation.

I actually would have said that to her, you probably would have gotten away with it.

Of course, I'm getting quite a bit more mouthy with my bad attitude lately...

Comment

I'm surprised she didn't pull out the "If you make me pay my bill, the terrorists win!!!" card.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        I'm surprised she didn't pull out the "If you make me pay my bill, the terrorists win!!!" card.
        My dream response to that would be to make a bomb dropping sound effect and then hang up the call.
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
          My dream response to that would be to make a bomb dropping sound effect and then hang up the call.

That's an old Packard Hell trick!!!

You shout into the phone "OMG!!! He has a bomb!!!" then you slam a heavy phone book on the desk and disconnect the phone!

I always wanted to try it, but never had the guts.

Comment

Working...
          X