This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love letter from an SC

I was left understaffed again...a lot of people are coming down with life threatening illnesses that only last 12 hours at the moment...

So because I was a staff member down, it took me ages to get everything set up. It reached a point where I wasn't going to get open in time. So I did as much as I could and put a sign up on each door saying we were going to be opening late.

Eventually I was ready to open. I unlocked the main door, and there was a note pinned to it.

"I couldn't wait for you forever. I've left you for Starbucks."

I opened SEVEN minutes late...

I must have broke the SC's heart.

Since when did Starbucks start serving pints?

Comment

One time I pulled into a 7-11 and saw some jackass SC writing something on a note on the door. He looked at me, gave me the shit eating grin and left. I gave the doors a tug before looking at the note (my own dumbassness in action ). The note was written by an employee and it said "Bathroom Break".

Underneath that, the SC had written "No Customer Break!". About a minute later the clerk came back, opened the door and let me in. We both had a good laugh about the note. He said he was the only one on duty for 12 hours so he couldn't leave the store unlocked when he hit the bathroom.

Had the SC waited a good 2 minutes he would have been able to get whatever he wanted. Some people are just amazing with their self centered nature.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
        With us being next to the hotel, we serve quite a lot of coffee

Comment

Dear Starbucks,

I hear you have picked up my ex. well, actually, you stole her from me. THis is to let you know there is no hard feeling whatsoever. She may look sexy, but she is a horribly impatient entitlement whore who will try to take you for all she can, and I am not at all sorry to see her gone. I wish you much joy of her. She is an improvement over the chavs you have been seeing, I'll give you that.

Sincerely,

The pub down the street.

Comment

Quoth Bramblerose View Post
            Dear Starbucks,

I hear you have picked up my ex. well, actually, you stole her from me. THis is to let you know there is no hard feeling whatsoever. She may look sexy, but she is a horribly impatient entitlement whore who will try to take you for all she can, and I am not at all sorry to see her gone. I wish you much joy of her. She is an improvement over the chavs you have been seeing, I'll give you that.

Sincerely,

The pub down the street.
            Now THAT's funny!

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
              I was left understaffed again...a lot of people are coming down with life threatening illnesses that only last 12 hours at the moment...
              I know you're on the other side of the Pond, but I was miserably sick on Wednesday. I wound up going home from work early due to the fever. I spent the afternoon napping on the couch, took Nyquil after dinner and crawled into bed for 14 hours. Felt great the next day, but it was Thanksgiving, so no work.

So, really, it could be something of that nature. Here it is Friday night, and I've got almost no symptoms at all.

Comment

This one made me laugh out loud. Then I called my husband over to read it.

Some people are so dramatic!

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                  Not pints! Vente! Or is it Grande? I can never remember...

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                    Not pints! Vente! Or is it Grande? I can never remember...

Rapscallion
                    The Venti size is the largest size SB has to offer - I think it's around 24 oz.
                    Grande = Medium (around 16 oz.)

They have a smaller size, but I can't remember the name for it but I think it's around 12 oz. Been a while since I've been in a SB and even then I usually get either Grande or Venti size.

But yes, that letter is hysterically funny . . . I almost spewed Diet Cheerwine on the laptop.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post

They have a smaller size, but I can't remember the name for it but I think it's around 12 oz. Been a while since I've been in a SB and even then I usually get either Grande or Venti size.
                      The small is "Tall"...they also have "Short" (8 oz., I think) which is also the kids' size, but they don't have it on the menu board anymore. It was on there years ago, but they took it off; you can still order it, though.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        The small is "Tall"...they also have "Short" (8 oz., I think) which is also the kids' size, but they don't have it on the menu board anymore. It was on there years ago, but they took it off; you can still order it, though.
                        A KID-size coffee. That is just groovy. Because as we all know, kids need their caffeine fix, too.

I just noticed that this and the thread by the same OP titled "Medium-Largish One" are now both talking about Starbucks coffee sizes.
                        I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                          The Venti size is the largest size SB has to offer - I think it's around 24 oz.
                          Grande = Medium (around 16 oz.)

But yes, that letter is hysterically funny . . . I almost spewed Diet Cheerwine on the laptop.
                          Venti is a 20 fluid ounce coffee. Venti is the Italian word for twenty. Tall is, I believe, 12 ounces and Grande is, logically, 16 ounces.

Wait. What? I just found out that Starbucks registered a trademark for Venti...the Italian word for twenty is now a registered trademark of Starbucks...WTF?
                          Last edited by TheComputerError; 11-30-2008, 04:22 PM. Reason: outrage at Starbucks for registering a trademark
                          Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
                            A KID-size coffee. That is just groovy. Because as we all know, kids need their caffeine fix, too.
                            They do serve milk and tea, too.
                            "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth poofy_puff View Post

I just noticed that this and the thread by the same OP titled "Medium-Largish One" are now both talking about Starbucks coffee sizes.
                              Well, I assume most kids get hot chocolate and cider and such.
                              Though I do recall a customer coming through with his kid, who looked to be about 11 or so, drinking a coffee frappuchino, in the evening. I made a comment about not sleeping that night, and the dad said it actually calmed him down (ADD, I guess).

If you go to a Barnes & Noble cafe (where they sell Starbucks beverages), they do not have any cups smaller than the tall. If you order a kid's hot chocolate the only difference is they make it about 20 degrees cooler than normal (120 instead of 140 degrees, I think).
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X