This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday Wishes.

Hope Thanksgiving was a good one for those of you in the states.

Don't really have time to paw through all the threads to see if this is a dupe, but a heartfelt "Best-of-Luck" to all of you working retail tomorrow. Thrive, persevere, or merely endure, whatever gets you through the day. On behalf of my friends and relatives who shop - thank you for working so hard.

I'm doing my part by ... staying home.

(just wish others had the chance to do that too)

Comment

I have to be at work at 4am to police people cuz it's a 24 hr store and people can wander about inside. I warned the managers that I am not a human before 8am and don't expect me to be. I will grump at people if they attempt anything(throwing sale items in carts before 5am).
      "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Not doing it.

Comment

I don't have to work until 10

but I do need to pick up a couple things for cheap. they're in the 2 day sale though, so I may wait til after work
          Last edited by nomorecarts; 11-28-2008, 04:09 AM.

Comment

I dunno if it's like this in the states, but up in Canadialand, our version of Black Friday is Boxing Day. It's the day after Christmas and absolutely every store has a line of people running outside. I went to the mall once on Boxing Day and have since vowed to never do it again.

Comment

To anyone unfortunate enough to be working Black Friday, you have my deepest sympathy and best wishes. I'll be thinking of you and trying to mentally divert the SCs. Good luck - you'll need it!
              "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

Good luck to those of you working Black Friday, I've been there myself. I also know of a near fist-fight over a parking space 2 years ago.

Comment

I've never worked it, but I'm heading out in a few minutes.

I'm kinda scared.

Comment

I'm just about to head out to my fourth Black Friday. The customers my store gets are usually pretty reasonable and happy, but I still think they're just a little insane to start lining up after Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday to get their hands on some laptop that's only about $70 cheaper than it would be during any normal holiday or back-to-school sale.

I just keep telling myself that I'm going for the food. Management is buying the employees breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And I'm going to get all three because my shift is 4:00 AM to Noon followed by 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM.

I'll join in wishing the best of luck to the others working today, especially the super-early-morning shifts.
                    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                    - IPF

Comment

I'm not doing it either. I worked yesterday so
                      Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                      X