This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price Switches

So every blue moon or so there's been a customer that just happens upon a candle that has a clearance sticker on it (even though the few hunderd don't have them) just so they can argue the price for it. Normally, our managers will explain that unless it was tagged on many of them (since it would seem it was our fault) that we can't give them the price. Even the skus don't match!

But alas, we can not accuse our customers of stealing and thus we must give the price at the register and then go check out the department to see if theres any more mistakes. Of course there are not.

However, I've had this happen at least 10 times or so everyday over the weekend which is unusual. I know the economy is bad (yes, customers, but I still cant just give you a 20% discount because you can't afford it - just don't buy it!!!!!!!! ARGH!)
    In these situations, our DM pretty much has instructed our back-boned managers to give in to the customers if they complain enough because a)they're too busy for complaints and b)we make more money that way!! even if it's only 20 cents!! at least they are still spending money!

Anyone else experience the effervescence from customers that internally know they're cheating the store out of prices like that? AND get called on it?

it almost sounds as if the customers are moving the clearance stickers from one item to the item that they want to try to trick us register folks.

i had alot of that at both Blockbuster and The House (fabric store) especially the fabric store! they would remove the bolt and tags and move them to the clearance. When we rang them up they would be a completely different type of fabric. Sometimes they would get away with it if people weren't paying attention but we usually called them on it.
    Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Working...
    X