This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Crazy, Ranting Bitch
    "YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF BABY KILLING NAZIS!!!
    Thanks, we all need a hobby.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
      Thanks, we all need a hobby.
      I was going to link part of Eddie Izzard's Dress to Kill, but I can't find that bit on Youtube.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth sprocket79 View Post
        I don't think she's talking about the Vapo-rub. It sounds like an actual vaporizer. It's like a humidifier but it holds a chamber for Vick's medication in it so you breathe in the medicated steam at night. It's supposed to help you breathe better when you're sick.

http://www.amazon.com/Vicks-Nursery-...8247848&sr=8-1
        Yep, that thing. I'm sure it was much cheaper on base than off (they pay a 19% sales tax, we pay no sales tax). Also this was near 8pm and anything in Germany that is open on a Sunday is closed very early on Sundays. Doesn't excuse her craziness though. Seems to me if the baby's illness was life-threatening she could have taken it to the hospital....seeing as most Germans have amazing health care.

I'm pretty sure she was not authorized. German nationals and any other civilian can be signed on base by a military member (who is then responsible for said civilian). So that's the only way she could have gotten on base without a military ID.

Comment

How did she get on base without an ID?

Comment

Quoth Panigg View Post
            You can't speak out in Germany against ANY group. May it be Religious or otherwise. If you say anything bad, you get reprimanded (is that the right word?). It's quite bad and ridiculous if you ask me but I guess thats what you get for doing crap like "we" (the Germans) did.
            Well, it's not THAT bad; we do have free speech, and if I want to publicly say why Church XXX sucks donkey balls, I'm free to do so. However, calling someone a Nazi in Germany is a very serious matter, at least akin to slander. It's also never used in casual conversation, or to imply someone is oppressive or a control freak, as it is done in English. Plus, we still have some very strict laws surrounding our history; for instance, perpetuating the so-called "Auschwitz lie" (denying the existence of concentration camps) is a felony, punishable by prison.

So, if that woman used the word Nazi so easily, she's probably not a German national. Or she's not right in the head.
            You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

While I can empathize to a point with the woman as I know the fear that comes with having a baby with a serious illness (especially if it is one's first child and one's first time with such a situation) that level of panic and hysteria is just ridiculous.

I love how anyone who does not do what a zealot wants becomes a Nazi.
              Last edited by South Texan; 12-03-2008, 02:58 PM.
              "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
              .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

(and wondering how she even got on base without an ID).
                That's what I figured too.

And ... if she was THAT concerned maybe she should go home, get her ID and come back in.

and if her baby is going to die... why is she at the BX... she should be at base medical.

Comment

Working...
                X