This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to laugh

So I had to work til 5:00 and then close the store.The college girl's grandma died
    Well anyways I closed the store and there was a sign up. Well of course this one jackass walks up and looks at the sign and then at me counting money. And then he goes over to the huge window and starts staring at the display of M&Ms. And then he comes back up to the glass window and starts pouting at me.This goes on for a straight 10 mins. The whole time I was counting my money.
    I mean really a grown man pouting at a woman half his age. Does this crap work on anyone.I've had a woman last summer hold her baby above her head and stare at me.CLOSED MEANS CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!
    I just had to laugh at the guy though.Good try,I guess.

Ah, but were they peanut M&M's? Peanut M&Ms are gooooood.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Pouted at? Not so much....but a lot of people for some reason were convinced if they pounded on the window by where I was counting my till, I'd change my mind and open back up for them. I have never understood why people bang on windows of pitch black, locked stores.

Although Christmas Eve, 2005, after I'd closed and was counting my till, amidst all the morons still trying to get gas and open the door and bang on the window, a minivan pulled up. They saw me counting money and saw that the lights were off. I decided it'd be best to not make anymore eye contact. They sat there for a while.

Then a little boy got out of the backseat, grabbed the gas hose/nozzle and stared into the window at me longingly for several minutes.

I couldn't believe it. They actually thought that if they sent their child out in the cold to stare at me, I'd change my mind. Sorry, kids don't work on me, and especially cheap maneuvers like that don't work on me.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I would've gone over to the M&M's, opened a bag, and eaten them right in front of him.
        If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

Besides which, I doubt small children are allowed to operate the pump anyway.

Comment

Quoth Camry178 View Post
            I would've gone over to the M&M's, opened a bag, and eaten them right in front of him.
            Oh no then I would ruin my day's work(my diet) and then I would have to go run on the treadmill.Me and the treadmill don't get along.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
              Besides which, I doubt small children are allowed to operate the pump anyway.
              True. Even here in NJ (we're not allowed to pump our own gas) they still have the signs on the pumps that say only licensed drivers are allowed to operate them.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Camry178 View Post
                That sounds like something my boss at the pool store would say. We'd have meetings every Sunday an hour before we opened, so we'd all gather around and sit at the patio furtniture.

When a customer started banging on the window and pouting, trying to get us to let them in, we'd lounge, stretch, sip our coffees, and eat donuts. Then watch 'em scowl. It was fun. (The lounges were comfy too!)

Comment

This is exactly the opposite of closing but contains the same asshats. My store opens at 7 am and generally I get there at about 6:40. I always get people who try to open the door even though half the lights are off. I get so many people trying to get me to open early that nowadays I don't even acknowledge them.

I had one jerk continually pound on the door shouting "Excuse me, ma'am. Ma'am, um Ma'am. I just need coffee I'll be late for work." And yes he was giving me the pouting puppy dog look. I just went into the back room and ignored him until he got fed up and left exactly three minutes before the store was due to open.
                  My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Why can't some of those people see this website?? Why is it we never run into the people who actually understand signs and don't act like complete fools in public??

I remember having people pound on the door when I worked for family dollar. One time I was waiting outside to be let in so I could help with the truck (it was like 5am and we didn't open until like 9am) and finally the manager came out to let me in and this woman was there waiting also and was ANGRY about the fact that I could go in and not her.

SC: Why won't you let me in too??

ME: Because I work here.

She finally left after we explained the store was NOT going to open for EW her.

No matter the pouting, bitching or pounding we are NOT going to let these fools in until the store opens. The concepts that are so hard to understand make me weep for humanity. Haven't they ever held a job and been in the same situations or is there a magic eraser?

Comment

Working...
                    X