This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I can't cook!!!

Okay, I work at a grocery store in the meat department. This store is open from 7am until midnight, but the meat department officially closes at 9pm (it's that magic hour when, OMG, all the employees are scheduled to leave!!) So, any way. One night shortly after i started at this particular dept., I get this female SC and her son walk up to the packaged meat case. Now, our ad runs Thursday through Wednesday. SC and offspring come in at 9:05pm Wednesday night (I'm taking off all my aprons and throwing em in the dirty bin.) SC walks up to the door to the cutting room(where all the lights but one are out. Damn if I'm not walking under that one light.) I go to help SC.

Sc: Do you have any more rump roasts? I'm looking for about 20 pounds, and there is only 2 out here weighing about 3 pounds each.
    Me: Ma'am, hate to tell you this, but we cut all our rump roasts earlier today. Those are the only ones we have right now. You're welcome to go to customer service and get a rain check.
    Sc: That won't do. I need 20 pounds so i can cook beef manhattans for 40 people before we go on vacation tomorrow. Are you sure you don't have any more??
    Me thinking to myself: At 9 at night you plan to cook for 40 people before you go on vacation? Loco-lady.
    Me: I'm sorry, but I don't have any more.
    Sc: Well, I'm sorry but that is just stupid. Why wouldn't you have the advertised product while the sale is on?
    Me thinking again: Maybe because we had just enough to get us through tonight when the sale ends. Maybe you shoulda planned ahead just a tiny little bit jackass.
    Me: Well, ma'am, I'm sorry, but I can't really help you. I don't have anything to cut.
    Sc: *Humph* Stomps off with embarassed looking son in tow.

Moral of story: DON'T GO SHOPPING FOR MEAT AT 9PM ON THE LAST DAY OF THE SALE IF YOU HAVE TO COOK FOR 40 PEOPLE!!!
    Your brain may not know what it is. Your brain may never figure out what it is. However, your heart knows, your heart always knows. --- Master Horkin from Brothers in Arms by Margaret Weis

Quoth Ledomar View Post

Moral of story: DON'T GO SHOPPING FOR MEAT AT 9PM ON THE LAST DAY OF THE SALE IF YOU HAVE TO COOK FOR 40 PEOPLE!!!
    That's that whole "common sense" thing again, isn't it?

...oh right, I'm on CS.com. never mind!
    Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
    --Unknown

Comment

Did she get her recipe from the "How To Cook For Forty Humans" cookbook?
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        Did she get her recipe from the "How To Cook For Forty Humans" cookbook?
        Naw it must've been "How to cook forty humans".
        http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
        Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth karath View Post
          That's that whole "common sense" thing again, isn't it?

...oh right, I'm on CS.com. never mind!
          and let us not forget LOGICAL THINKING and PLANNING aside from the ACTUAL thinking

I know I know I am on CS.com
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Seven P's, lady:
            Proper
            Prior
            Planning
            Prevents
            Piss-
            Poor
            Performance
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

It's not as if there wasn't at WM ten minutes or less away, right?
              Those POSs are open 24 hours, to cater to idiocy, any time of day.
              Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Panigg View Post
                Naw it must've been "How to cook forty humans".
                And here i thought the title was To Serve Mankind
                Seph
                Taur10
                "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth Ledomar View Post
                  I fixed that for you. Because honestly, it doesn't matter about the sale....cooking 20 lbs. of meat for 40 people the night before you go on vacation? Um, what time are these people expecting to eat? 3 AM? Seriously, this is beyond stupid. Having cooked for TWENTY people, I know how long it can take to get everything together, thank you very much!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    I fixed that for you. Because honestly, it doesn't matter about the sale....cooking 20 lbs. of meat for 40 people the night before you go on vacation? Um, what time are these people expecting to eat? 3 AM? Seriously, this is beyond stupid. Having cooked for TWENTY people, I know how long it can take to get everything together, thank you very much!
                    Being on the other end myself, it does take a while to prepare dinner for a group of people - I've been to enough dinner parties that even if we get there around 5, dinner may not be ready before around 8:30 - sometimes it's been closer to 9 before. It takes time and preparation - which one simply isn't going to get when they have to make a 9 p.m. run to the grocery store for ingredients.

remember the rule, folks:

Lack of planning on your part does not make an emergency on mine.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                    X