This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude woman and others

OK, last night I had my usual lovely close shift with a varied cast consisting of me and four others. This is what happened:

Rude woman:

I was serving this lady who had a reasonable shop and had just finished putting her payment through when her mother/roommate/whatever comes up with a few items. She asks the daughter/whatever if she can put her items through hers, daughter tells her no, she's already paid (and it was credit, if I cancel it for ANY reason, then I have to wait a minute, suspend the sale, recall the sale and do a host of other pissy things that take some time to do). So what does the woman do? Instead of going to the back of the line, she dumps her stuff IN front of the next customer and asks me to serve her next . I just served her to get her out of my face-seriously, go to the back of the line next time! (I also was not in the mood for her to kick up a fuss)
    The guy after her wasn't too pleased, but he was annoyed at her rather than me.

Plastic bag free:

OK, the trial has been running for more than a month now, seriously, if you haven't figured it out already, take a splintery broompole and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine. Fortunately management is more flexible with switching registers when it comes to plastic-bag-free lanes and were able to switch my female coworker over when she started crying after a customer abused her. That made me mad-the abuse has died down, but we're still getting it!

In my world, I had the usual gripes about the fact that the government didn't think far enough ahead on this idea (I am not surprised) which I agreed to-from a cashier POV though, people stating that it was a marketing ploy to get the public to buy more green bags (as far as I know, yes it's true but it would be a loss as far as I know to give the bags out for free) and by far, the one that made me mad...I'd just explained why I keep giving out the plastic bags to customers (I got sick of the abuse and I saw it as inconveinient that I kept running away because if I was placed on those registers, it would mean that I actually knew what I was doing ) and one guy goes "That's great, that's what I like to hear"

Translation: Great, I love a checkout chick who's absolutely spineless, she'll be good to me in future

Cursing out Coworkers:

To the idiot who kept trying to get jobs, our sup and our manager decided who was going to do what. You got express duty, I got job duty. If you can't deal with it, go screw yourself. And don't, whatever you do, disobey a direct order by the supervisor and go do jobs when you weren't meant to. The other guy on prefers getting jobs as well to serving, but he doesn't attempt to disobey a direct order by the supervisor and will do what he's told.

Rant over. I feel much better now

Oh except for one thing that made me

The guy on bakery duty came out at about 15 minutes to close wielding a leaf blower. Him and the nightfill manager then traded comments about getting into a fight with it while I joked that it made him look like a chick magnet
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

...but there weren't any men with kilts around were there?

Comment

No, the last guy that did that quit a few months later He got a job elsewhere and still hangs around (I think dates actually) with one of my coworkers.

And I also was remembered of another minor incident:

Nightfill manager was on phone with a woman who was screaming about how she had the wrong size (I'm guessing either undies, socks, stockings or baby stuff) and blah blah blah, in the end, I found out the whole story: turns out that the woman was blaming US for the incident when she was unaware of it.

OK boys and girls, let's say this all together now:

Lack of viewing on your part does not consitute failure on our part
      Last edited by fireheart; 12-04-2008, 02:21 AM.

Comment

people stating that it was a marketing ploy to get the public to buy more green bags (as far as I know, yes it's true but it would be a loss as far as I know to give the bags out for free)
        About a year ago almost all coles were giving away the green bags free when you bought over a certain amount, that's where every green bag in our house came from, so there's no reason to bitch, just smother them with their damn plastic bags.

...but there weren't any men with kilts around were there?
        One reason I want to go to a comic-con where Ms. Breeden is at.
        If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Ny, it's all good. Unfortunately, corporate decided to throw us in the deep end....grrrrrrr....
          that's the only reason why I hate those registers, because if we give them bags, they treat us like we're five, if we don't give them bags, they yell and scream and annoy us.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
            ...if we give them bags, they treat us like we're five, if we don't give them bags, they yell and scream and annoy us.
            ...in short, they treat you like *they're* five.

Comment

Working...
            X