This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who am I calling?

It's been a while since I participated, so here are tonights winners! I work a call center/answering service. The night is young, but here are what I have so far.

Per-Who?
    Me: "Thank you for calling the answering service for <apartments>, how may I help you?"
    SC: "Pervez? Pervee-ehz? Pervees? " (and so on for ~20 seconds)
    Me: ".. If you're looking some one at the office, it's closed but I can leave a message for them"
    SC: "Oh! No, that's all right"

This lady just kept trying to pronounce a name at me. Didn't give me a space to interject, and didn't use any other words, such as "Is -person- available". Didn't care to leave a message for them, even though this company has us admit right up front that we were their answering service- not the office. Honestly lady? I don't work with the guy, and I can't pronounce it either.

Ya'll called me, right?
    "My Company" being the one I work for. Techs checking in will sometimes reach us on this line when they dial our outbound number that comes up on caller ID, rather than the callback number we leave for them. Not a big deal, but generally means they didn't listen to our V/M to get an account number.

Me: "Thank you for calling <My Company>, how may I help you?"
    ST: "Account XXXX, I think ya'll called me; but I missed it."
    Me: Pulls up the acount, "Yes, we had a no heat call come in for you."
    ST: "Did you call me?"
    Me: "..Er.. xxx-xxxx, right?"
    ST: "Huh?"
    Me: "We called xxx-xxxx, that's your number right?"
    ST: "What?"
    Me: "... Yes, we had a no heat call for <information> ..."

I managed to get him the info after that, but.. Yes, we probably did call you; if you're the guy that has the o/c phone, it rang, and it said it was from us. You didn't listen to the V/M, but that's ok! You knew your acct number anyway! So I humored you, since you were so interested in knowing if we called you; alas, the answer to your profound mystery goes unconfirmed, for you would not accept the present that I offered.

Dispatch Calls
    Where-in I am calling people, rather than them calling me.
    OC = On Call (whomever I'm trying to reach)

You're Welcome Sir!
    OC: "Yes?" (Impatient, irritated voice)
    Me: "Yes sir, we had a ceiling leak call come in."
    OC: "Where?"
    Me: "<Building/Apt>"
    OC: -click-

No name, no phone number. No pleasantries. At first I was miffed at his tone of voice; but then decided that the call ended so quickly that I should be thanking him for his efficiency.

Dinner is almost here! So hungry.
    DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON.
    -GK

Quoth Onar View Post
    The night is young
    It's when it gets old that you need to worry.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      It's when it gets old that you need to worry.

Rapscallion
      Raps, that was great
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
      X