Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A man killed himself in a rental car (kind of gross)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a job for Winston 'The Wolf' Wolfe.

Comment

Um you guys do know the girlfriend was a Dominatrix.
      The story just broke internationally.

And the mother is probably just thinking how much a funeral etc is going to cost, cause they are exy.

And if it can be cleaned out, the company wouldn't disclose information such as, oh do you mind if we give you the car which had some guys brains all over it!!

Just an opinion.
      every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.... for every person I can stand being around there is and eqaul and opposite idiot....... -_- damn stupid people

Comment

Some things to consider: How old was he? I think around here you have to be 25 to rent a car, otherwise you need a cosigner. Which means Mom might be responsible for the rental. In addition, it may not come directly out of the estate. Some rental cars are covered by the renters regular car insurance. That said, I can't even begin to guess if or how insurance would involve themselves in this. Additionally, insurance may have been purchased as part of the rental contract. Again, no idea if insurance would even help in this situation. I'm just saying that the car loss may not come out of the estate.

How tragic for the people affected by this event. Yeah, grief makes people do funny things. It may have helped her think she was getting things in order for her son.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

But...

If you don't have a will, does your next of kin automatically get put in charge of taking care of everything? And if you do make a will, do you just state who you want being the executor?

Comment

Quoth Belari View Post
            But...

If you don't have a will, does your next of kin automatically get put in charge of taking care of everything? And if you do make a will, do you just state who you want being the executor?
            Yes. My friend was the only child of his dad which is why he got put in charge of the estate (no will) and my grandpa made a friend of his the executor instead of one of his children.
            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

I'm just guessing here.

The damage to the car doesn't seem to involve many parts that frequently need replacing in rental cars, so this car would be a good source of parts for their other cars. I'm thinking body panels, air bags, the whole drive train, lights & lenses, mirrors.

It is probably worth more that way than as an ex-rental car, even if it didn't have the gore and bullet holes.
              Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Sick? Perhaps I should point out I was in no way implying the mother should even touch the car herself - THAT would be sick.

No, but if she believes the damage is repairable, and the place that did the estimate did not, then she could take ownership of the vehicle, have a company clean it out, and attempt to offload it. This would offset some of the debt.

Sometimes the only way to show someone what they're demanding you do is impossible, is to make them do it themselves.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                  Some rental cars are covered by the renters regular car insurance. That said, I can't even begin to guess if or how insurance would involve themselves in this.
                  Car insurance would definitely not be involved re: cleanup. If he was in an accident and there was blood and stuff in the car, yes. Something deliberate like this? Absolutely not. Deliberate actions, be they road rage or other, are specifically excluded from coverage.

What a horrible situation.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                    No, but if she believes the damage is repairable, and the place that did the estimate did not, then she could take ownership of the vehicle, have a company clean it out, and attempt to offload it. This would offset some of the debt.
                    *OT* but...would it show up on a CarFAX report? (sorry, had to ask...)

Comment

There's not many car cleaning companies that would handle that kind of job. There are people who specialize in cleaning up crime scenes (like in that movie, but yes they do exist), however I'm not sure what they charge.

And even then most people are squeamish about using things that contained dead people... not to mention violently-killed people. Heck, it's hard to sell things like houses (or cars) when there's a naturally occurring death.

I just really feel bad for her.

Her son went off the deep end, acted out his aggression and took 3 lives... and now the poor old lady has to clean up the mess he left behind. What a jerk.

Comment

Working...
                      X