This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Jerk + Redemption

Started out sucky, but I think he got the message.

I was calling people to tell them their special orders were in. One guy I called must have had Caller ID, because before I could even ask for him or say hello he yelled, "IS IT IN?"

I was startled for a moment, then replied in the driest tone I could muster, "Well, hello to you too."

He apologized and everything was normal after that. But seriously, who the hell answers the phone like that? That's just plain rudeness.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Well, once I sorta did that.

Caller: Hi, this is the Humane
    Me: YOU FOUND MY CAT!!
    Caller: Society

But this guy = rude.

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      I was calling people to tell them their special orders were in. One guy I called must have had Caller ID, because before I could even ask for him or say hello he yelled, "IS IT IN?"
      Nah, we were just bored here in the office and calling people at random to dick around with them. What do you think genius?

I get similar situations doing call backs for the company I work at. I work for a prepaid cellular phone provider.

Had everything from "Yeah, what?" To "I thought I told you (insert colorful word for a part of the female anatomy) to stop calling me" Mind you this is me calling people who have called in for warranty issues or have request through our website that we call them.

Comment

You have my sympathies. I hate doing customer service call backs and only do them under the pain and punishment of a threat to be fired.. I'd rather gargle with broken glass and guzzle rubbing alcohol first. It never ends well because a) we're calling because we have the wrong info and the customer looses their mind over this or b) we're calling to say that unlike the intrepid 'neither wind, nor rain, nor sleet' postal service we cannot deliver. People act like you just bbqed their dog and wiped the excess cooking grease off on their first born child's photos. People invest way too much emotion in flowers.
        "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Kinda reminds me of what happened last Monday, only I was not sucky about it.

I was playing Final Fantasy XI and our party was in the middle of recovering from our second wipe to Charybdis, when my celll phone went off. I have Game Crazy in my phonebook, so they showed up on my caller ID instead of just the phone number. I had a pretty good inkling about why they would call me. I had put a reserve on Chrono Trigger for the DS.

Despite all this, I still answered the phone with a friendly hello. They told me exactly what I predicted the call was about. They called to tell me that the game I reserved was in the store and ready to be picked up.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

One guy I called must have had Caller ID, because before I could even ask for him or say hello he yelled, "IS IT IN?"
            Here's a good response to use for that:

If you have to ask if it's in yet, you ain't doing it right.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              Here's a good response to use for that:

If you have to ask if it's in yet, you ain't doing it right.
              Any room in that gutter? My first thoughts as well...
              "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

Is it in yet?

Yeah, in the wrong hole though.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  Kinda reminds me of what happened last Monday, only I was not sucky about it.

I was playing Final Fantasy XI and our party was in the middle of recovering from our second wipe to Charybdis, when my celll phone went off. I have Game Crazy in my phonebook, so they showed up on my caller ID instead of just the phone number. I had a pretty good inkling about why they would call me. I had put a reserve on Chrono Trigger for the DS.
                  [Threadjack]

Someone who plays Final Fantasy Online?

Someone who plays Final Fantasy Online and who knows the PITA that is Charybdis?!

What server you on? I'm on Asura here.
                  Check out my webcomic!

Comment

:blush: I did something like that once. I have numbers I use alot or that call me programed in my phone, cause I don't tend to answer if I don't know the number. Well, last year, I had special ordered something to our bookstore for my hubby for Christmas and it was like the day before Christmas Eve and we hadn't seen it yet. I had called the bookstore like once a day for a week.

So when my phone rings and it's from Bookstore I pick up and say, very excitedly, "Hello -- did my book finally come in?" I just couldn't help myself! Luckily the lady was one I'd spoken to in the few days before so she understood and she just laughed and said it was in the store.

I packed Son and Daughter in the car and we were at the bookstore with book in hand within 20 minutes.

I forget sometimes that not everyone uses caller ID like I do! I have an odd tendency to answer the phone specifically for whoever is calling, not just with a "hello?"
                    I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

What you did is fine, Persephone, because you actually took the trouble to greet the caller. All I want is a 'Hello', or even a 'Pronto' or 'Hallo' or 'Moshi Moshi'. Just act like I'm a person and not a robot!
                      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

What you did is fine, Persephone, because you actually took the trouble to greet the caller. All I want is a 'Hello', or even a 'Pronto' or 'Hallo' or 'Moshi Moshi'. Just act like I'm a person and not a robot!

One of my dad's friends called the house once and said Moshi Moshi, and my first response was to start speaking French to them.

There have been a few times I've answered someone else's phone "[name's] pants, she/he's not in them."

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post
                          I play on Shiva.

Not done Charybdis yet but I've heard horror stories.

Comment

But seriously, who the hell answers the phone like that? That's just plain rudeness.
                            Someone who's been calling one of those 1-900 numbers a little too much?

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post
                              [Threadjack]

<OT>
                              Caitsith here. And while I haven't fought Charybdis, mainly because I'm a BLM and thus the joytoy wouldn't do my any good, I do know the pain of trying to get certain things. Like, oh, a Peacock Charm from the Under Observation BCNM. Or Pallas' Bracelets. Or, since everyone knows the pain of this... trying to beat Maat in Shattering Stars. I'm 0/2 on the geezer now. Maybe I'll wait tilll I hit 70, only 12,000 XP away. That's not too far...

<on-topic>
                              My game store has an automated line that calls in when I have a game arriving. And aside from that, I have caller ID, so I screen every call. Number I don't know? Name I don't know? Unknown Caller? You're all going to the machine.
                              Dealer hits... 21. Table loses.

This happens more often than most people want to believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X