This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not no, but "Oh hell no!"

Every year during the holidays, my store starts up a donation drive for the local food bank. At the end of the transaction, we politely ask "Would you like to make a donation to <local food bank> today?" or some variation thereof (we can word it however we like, it's not scripted). If they're unsure or unsure of how much to give, we tell them that every dollar will feed 5 children (if they're still unsure of an amount, I tell them most people donate $1-$2). It's an excellent program, and to give cashiers a little extra incentive, we can win store gift cards for collecting X amounts (various tiers, so you can win more than 1 gift card - and they CAN be combined with the employee discount!).

Yesterday as soon as I mentioned the food bank, this guy yelled "OH HELL NO!" and slammed his fist down on the counter. I just looked at him in shock for a lot longer than I should have, and he blushed and quietly said "Sorry, I was kidding.. but no". With everyone around staring at him as well.

Someone else made up for it later - she asked if I got any kind of points for collecting donations after I asked her, I (honestly) told her yes, we can win store gift cards, and she said "Good, I'll donate $10".

Ok, fess up -- which CSer shopped at bean's store?
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

It was me. I taped down the chesticles, deepened my voice and cut my hair.

Comment

Not me. I may be stingy and greedy, but I don't advertise it.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I've never heard of them being referred to as chesticles before..... LOL!
          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
            I've never heard of them being referred to as chesticles before..... LOL!
            You've not been listening to Radio 2 enough then! It's a Sarah Kennedy thing. I quite like it, but then again, I'm sad enough to listen to Radio 2...
            Last edited by MannersMakethMan; 12-08-2008, 04:53 PM.
            "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

people are not nice.

Comment

Quoth MannersMakethMan View Post
                You've not been listening to Radio 2 enough then! It's a Sarah Kennedy thing. I quite like it, but then again, I'm sad enough to listen to Radio 2...
                No, I don't even know what Radio 2 is, to be honest. I'm out of the loop on this one.
                The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I know the feeling. I had a guy react horribly to me when I asked him to donate to the March of Dimes. Scared me and just about made me cry.
                  "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

I was asked by a Kroger employee if I wanted to donate to children's charity. I told her, "I don't like kids."

She thought it was funny. Sometimes, I blurt things out before I think about them.
                    Check out my cosplay social group!
                    http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
                      No, I don't even know what Radio 2 is, to be honest. I'm out of the loop on this one.
                      The BBC in the UK runs several radio stations.

Radio One - aimed at youth, plays shit alleged music.

Radio Two - pretty much 70s, 80s, 90s music and DJs who used to be on Radio One. Listeners used to listen to Radio One. Both are superannuated. Usually has chat shows and the like.

Radio Three - um, pass?

Radio Four - mostly religion and culture stuff.

Radio Five - news and sports. Some of the presenters can really take politicians to pieces, a technique known as 'monstering' (they keep asking the same awkward question different ways to avoid the politician giving the answer they want to give and avoiding the real question).

Six Music - see Radio One.

Rapscallion

Comment

Radio Two is classed as "eclectic". They play a little bit of everything at different times of the day, and it's usually at least half-way worth listening to.

Radio Three is mostly classical music. I think they throw in a little talk here and there, too.

Radio Four is talk radio for old people and housewives.

Comment

Working...
                        X