This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is not the time of night

to call me disputing the price of the work I do for you.

To clarify, I did a job this afternoon near $300. A simple change of keys, using existing locks.

I had a feeling it would be an SC after she booked the job, then called back and cancelled the job 10 minutes later, then called back another 10 minutes later and rebooked it.

I get there, expecting a quick 10 minute job. Walk in, change a couple of keys, walk out.

Nope. Did what was initially required by her, then she kept coming up with other things. No problem there, but waited until I had packed up each time to tell me of these other parts.

All up, I spent about 90 minutes nursing this woman along.

I finally finish, tell her how much. She seemed to accept this, as I got handed a card, and payment was smooth.

Then come the phone calls. Thankfully, only 2 calls I answered, but there were 2 I ignored as well. Hopefully, everyone will agree with my reasoning at the end of this mini-epic.

First call was about 1 hour after doing the job. Straight after I answered the phone was "You didn't leave the old locks!". I then spend the next 20 minutes on the phone trying to explain to the SC (Yes, she became an SC with this call) that her actual locks hadn't changed. Only her keys.

I *think* I finally got through to her, as she appeared to accept my explanation, and ended the call.

Then, at 9:30pm, a time I expect calls to come in from emergency openings, or from my ex telling me she's finally managed to break her own neck, this woman calls again!

She starts by accusing me of not finishing the job.

Small footnote: This woman is asian, with a horrible accent, so I can barely understand her as it is.

Here starts the conversation:

SC: "The new keys don't work in this lock! You not finish job!"

Me: "Ok, you didn't tell me about that door, even though I asked you if there were any more doors. If you like, I can come out tomorrow at 1pm and change it over. There will be an additional charge for this, as I cannot work for free."

SC: "No no no... You come out and do it. But I not pay you for it. The job wasn't finished."

Me: "As I just explained to you, you did not tell about that door. I am willing to waive the usual service charge, but I need to cover the cost of materials."

Rinse, repeat & lather. Several times.

Finally get it through to her, and she agrees to pay me. Then comes the statement that doesn't sit well with me, or my father, who started the business and is in the process of hadning over to me.

SC: "Oh, you are very pricey. I want discount."

*Bweeeeee-Bweeeeeee- Bweeeeeee* EW ALERT!

Me: "I'm sorry you think that our prices are too much. However, as you own a cafe in Toorak (for non-australians, Toorak is the priciest area in Melbourne), AND your house is located in *another pricey area*, I believe that you can afford it. However, you are welcome to call any other locksmith around. I'm sure they will be happy to charge you at least 1.5 times more than I have. Call me if you wish to engage my services, otherwise, I am now cancelling the booking I just made for you. Goodbye"

*click*

Yes, we take no shit from anyone. Particularly that late night. During the day, I might have worked with her a bit, but I was tired, and was trying to get my kid in bed.
    This post has been brought to you by the IPF SC Neutering Campaign.

She owns a cafe in TOORAK and is bitching about price?

Kill her, kill her now.

Not that I'm advocating violence or anything.
    If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

I'll bet if you walk into her cafe in Toorak and say that her prices are too high and you want a discount, she would go off like a rocket.

Comment

Working...
      X