Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm pretty sure I know if it's giving you a discount....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pretty sure I know if it's giving you a discount....

Hi, everyone, me again.

I'm sure several of you can empathize when a customer calls and says a third party not related to your employer promised a discount. Lady calls up and advises she just bought a new car to put onto her insurance policy, but wait - it has an anti-theft device! Glory be, the Heavens shall open, the angels shall blare their trumpets, and the Lord can return for his Millenium of Peace.

So, I entered in the information, and advise her we do not give a discount for the particular anti-theft device she purchased. BUT, she swears, the guy at the dealership TOLD HER she would receive a 9% discount from such-and-such insurance company if she had this on her car. I asked if she called to ask an actual representative of her insurance company, and she said no, she went with what the guy at the dealership told her.

Yep, and you fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Needless to say, she was pretty torqued, but rather than take it out on me, said she would be calling "the guy at the dealership" to further discuss.

I would hate to be (say it with me now, everyone) "the guy at the dealership."

Well, at least she didn't take it out on you... if the "guy at the dealership" actually lied to her, then, hey, let her rip into him. If he doesn't exist...
    You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth Wade View Post
      I would hate to be (say it with me now, everyone) "the guy at the dealership."
      At least she believed you over him.

Too often SC's will believe the first thing they're told, by the first person... sometimes even when it's not to their advantage. As if being the first one to impart information on a subject makes that information infallable, with all subsiquent information diminishing in reliability rapidly.
      Check out my webcomic!

Comment

I used to sell cars (along with insurance, jewelry, and assorted other things) and I suspect the 'guy at the dealership' actually said something like 'Insurance company X gives a 9% discount if you buy this model and it's anti-theft device' and she heard 'ALL insurance companies give a 9% discount if you buy this model and its anti-theft device'

Doesn't matter. The dealership has her money, her commission is already in the salesman's pocket, front end and back end monies, so they are not going to give two farts in a high wind over what she's been told or not told by the sales agent. Even if the agent misinformed her all he cares about and the dealership cares about is moving the cars, especially certain models where both the dealership and the salesman will get extra money from. Good luck lighting into the sales agent lady, he'll laugh in your face for being stupid enough to fall for what he's said.
        "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Working...
        X