Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what's a popular thing for the kiddies to give their teachers for Christmas and at the end of the school year? Yep, bookstore gift cards. Usually ranging from $5-20 or so. I would often get teachers with a whole stack of 'em. If it wasn't busy I would offer to transfer all their balances onto one card, but only if I was really bored. Otherwise I would just have to be careful to make sure I kept track of which cards were used up (I would fold them in half as I swiped them).
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
      Unwrapped (I prefer the transparent coin holders) that is a lot of change to count.
      Gah, I detest those plastic wrappers! It takes 3 times as long to get the coin out. With the paper ones, I can just push on the bottom and out they come.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        Me: "You know, we are taking applications if you or anyone you know would be interested."
        Yes! Back in the early 80s I worked at McDonalds and one day got sick of the "The line is too long; you need to hire more people" whiners.

We had applications under the counter to hand out if someone asked. So the next lady who bitched about our lack of staff got one handed to her with her meal:

"What's this?"

"Since you mentioned that we need to hire more people, I assumed you were interested in applying for a job."

"*I* don't want to work here."

"I'm sorry. We aren't interested in hiring you if you don't want to work here...May I help the next person in line, please?"
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
          "I'm sorry. We aren't interested in hiring you if you don't want to work here...May I help the next person in line, please?"
          Come on! Don't keep us hanging!!!! What was her reaction to that?
          "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
          ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Damn, I bet there isn't a coin-limit law in Ireland. I had the misfortune to get a customer who paid €90 of a €190 transaction in coins, by turning upside down a plastic bag full of €1 and €2 coins. I'm crap at maths and managed to lose count and had to start over..took ages. Thankfully, all I have to do is bag up my till and place the terminal read in the bag. Cash office get the joy of the counting.

Comment

The "Pit of Hell" Actually would NOT let us take wrapped coins. We would have to refuse the sale and request another method of payment.
              "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
                Come on! Don't keep us hanging!!!! What was her reaction to that?
                Nothing, really. I just focused on the next customer and she just kind of left. She probably told all her friends about the stupid cashier at McDonalds who was dumb enough to think *she* was applying for a job there. I played it very sincere. I'm sure she never had a clue that I was throwing her insults right back at her at least until much, MUCH later.

The dialog within the dialog was more like this:

"I'm very important and your lack of staff is wasting my valuable time. Hire more people."

"OK. Why don't YOU work here, then?"

"I'm too good to work here."

"Then this job is too good for you."
                The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

It probably went over her head. Sounds to me like she was pretty dense!
                  "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                  ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Finance

Well, she better not have a cushy job in finance as my friend who does work at a bank says all the signs point to major layoffs coming! And you need to learn to be a little (not too much) humble when looking for another job.

Comment

Working...
                    X