This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky contractor

Not sure if this should be sucky customers or general work chat... I put it in sucky customers sense we do have a seller/customer relationship with this guy, but feel free to move if necessary .

OK, so for this busy season we've been contracting out our overflow shuttle service. It's worked out quite well for both us and the guy we contracted with. We had contracted with a park and fly lot... he would pick up our extra passengers on his normal airport runs and charge us per passenger (much less than what taxi companies charge). He got extra revenue with minimal extra cost, we got shuttle service for much cheaper for what was beyond what our shuttle could hold.
    So yesterday, he calls in and asks what times we need help. I tell him we only need help with the 8 and 9 am runs to the airport, we have everything else under control. Now what happened next I have only heard hearsay on... and it's not been consistent, so take it with the grain of salt that I'm going off of rumors. One rumor is that he decided two runs just wasn't enough to make it worth his while and booked himself with another hotel for those times, another says that he called back and said that he didn't have any park and fly passengers at that time and we just didn't pay enough to make it worth while if he didn't have his own passengers (hey, you set the price buddy, not us... if it wasn't worth while, why not raise your price). The common trend in the rumors though is that he decided we weren't worth his time and called off the business relationship. Of course this sucks for us because we now need either two shuttle drivers here (we do have two vans, but that is a relic of ever rising gas prices and the idea was to have one large van for crush load and a small van for the off peak to conserve fuel, not to have both running at the same time) which is costly and unreliable sense we won't know until the night before whether or not we need two drivers... then we have to find someone to volunteer to pick up an extra shift. Or we can use cabs at $13 per run for each 4 people... this morning we are lucky and got someone who was willing to pick up an extra shift... otherwise our taxi cost would be over $150 for the day
    So, you dear shuttle company that screwed us over, SUCK.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song
Working...
X