This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
    I actually only had people give me expired drivers licenses a couple of times when I worked for Avis. Most of the time, they had just expired, and the people didn't realize it. Only one person gave me trouble, and luckily my manager was there and he stood by it.
    It apparently happens to my sister all the time. It's either expired licenses, or none at all, and then people will seriously freak out at her for their stupidity.

In PA, you can keep your old ID, but they hole punch it so it can't be used anymore.

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
      I get those all the time at work, unfortunately. They just can't get it through their head that it's not valid if it's expired.
      You can't buy anything with pseudoephedrine without a VALID ID. Enter stage right, this individual. Given the amount of twitching he had been doing whilst waiting in line, I already knew what he wanted. So, I ask for an ID. The one he gave me had the right-hand side faded off. Where the number, expiration date, and DOB are. Can't read any of it. Tell 3 times we can't take it. He keeps pressing the issue. The pharmacy mgr happened to be closing that night, so I just turned around, showed it to her, she says "nope". Then, he pulls out his old, hole-punched, expired license. 3 more rounds and finally got him to leave....but nto before he called me a "bitch"!

Quoth Hobbs View Post
      And note: in Texas, when your ID is expired and you get a new one, or you get a new one for some other reason, the DPS cuts the top of the card to show it isn't valid. Very easy to spot.
      Wish they had done this when I lived in TX (exactly one year, referred to a my "year of insanity"). Not only did I have to wait for my DL to come from Austin, they took my NM DL....leaving me with no picture ID. Not to worry, they gladly sold me an ID card.

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
      NM punches holes though the magstripe; they've outsourced the card printing so you get a temporary card (on cardstock...damn thing doesn't fit in a wallet) and the new one comes in the mail in a few weeks (weeks?! WTF takes so long?)
      Oh, don't even get me started on those. I'm dreading having to renew mine. Another one of King Bill's "ideas" to save the state money. Who is another subject to not get me started on....
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

In Florida, you walk right out of the DMV with your new license (if you go in to renew it...I've never tried it by mail here).

But I remember back in Arizona in the early Nineties, when you were approaching your 21st birthday, they suggested you come in to the DMV about a month before said birthday and apply for the new "of age" license/ID, as 1. at least at that time, you could not buy alcohol if it said "under 21" on your ID, and 2. it said "under 21" on your ID until you weren't. Anyway, you went in a month ahead of time, and they mailed you the new one without the "under 21" on it. And you hoped it got there in time for you to enjoy your 21st birthday. (I hope they have updated that antiquated system out there by now!)

Anyway, a month before my 21st birthday, I did just as they suggested, and a couple weeks later.....I LOST THE ONLY MAILBOX KEY WE HAD!!!

I was freakin' the hell out, I can tell you. And then, the morning of my birthday, I found said key by chance, screamed a thank you to the beer gods, and RAN to my mailbox...and sure enough, there inside, waiting patiently for me, was that magical "of age" ID. Praise the beer gods!

Quoth Plaidman View Post
        Since we all /know/ them, they have the right to buy beer or cigars for their pot without it.

Not with Plaidman. For he has no heart.
        Something tells me you and I would get along really well, when it comes to carding people for booze/smokes (though of course at my job, it is almost always just booze).

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
        X